Hello from Idaho

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chubbuckdoctor

Original poster
Aug 6, 2013
Chubbuck, ID
Just wanted to say HI and thanks for all the info I have gleaned from this site over the last few months. 

I bought my Masterbuilt ES 30" a few months ago. Thanks to the info from this site I have smoked chicken thighs, ribs (St Louis style), pork roast, trout, and some pork tenderloin chunks. I am very grateful for the info to help keep the family raving.

I will post some of the things I have done, I see it as a way to keep track of what I have done and what worked well and what not so much. 

Otherwise, I spend my time keeping an awesome wife happy with my time and attention. Keeping my 7 kids busy with all the different activities and directions they go. And, trying to go fishing as much as possible to keep my self sane. I am not sure it is work or not but I am good with either result at this point.

During the week, I spend most of my time helping people live better lives through the Chiropractic care that we provide. It is fun to help people get out of pain, but it is more fun to help them be able to do whatever they want to do.

Mornings and evenings, I also take care of our 20 chickens. We bought that many for the kids to take care of and sell the extra eggs for extra money. That lasted about a month. Oh well, They make me laugh and it is kind of fun.

Mostly the reason I bought a smoke is because I burn everything on a grill and I wanted more control. So far, very pleased.

Again, thanks to everyone on the site for their info.

Jeremy

Wow, seven kids and twenty chickens and a job. You need fishing and smoking to keep you sane.

You have already found out there is great information on this site. I only started smoking last fall and didn't have much success until I found this forum. 

If I could make a suggestion, one way I learned a lot was posting pictures and descriptions of my projects. The advice and new ideas I got were very helpful.

Welcome to the forum.

welcome1.gif

Disco

Hi Jeremy! :welcome1: to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 50,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 1,000,000 posts describing it! Yea that’s right over 1,000,000!

The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

We have an Articles section that is full of great information about smoking to include a lot of recipes and instructionals. Check it out there is a lot to learn in there!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-Course, it will teach you all the basics plus a whole lot more!

I played around with the idea of not signing up but what changed my mind was the idea of using my posts as a journal of sorts. An easy way to keep track of what I did, what worked for me, what others modified and worked for them. That way I do not have to spend hours looking up new ideas for each piece of meat. (OK, I will probably still look for new ideas. But I won't have to spend hours doing it.)

Glad I am here.

Dr. J

33.gif

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

HI Jeremy, and welcome aboard!  You've found a great place for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks who really enjoy helping one another.  Just ask when you have questions, and someone here will have the answer.

Red

Big hello to our new friend out there in the gem state! Welcome aboard and holler if you have any questions about anything at all!

welcome1.gif
to SMF!  We are so glad you joined us! 

If you didn't read the "Terms of Service" notes.....please do.  There are a few things that everyone should know about those pesky little rules before plunging into the forums and some guidelines of how to interact within the forums. Off site links are not allowed here at SMF per Jeff. Not that you have done anything wrong....just a little bit of FYI for new members!

If you need any help roaming around the forums....just holler!  Happy to help out!

Kat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky