Hello from Denver

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

prelucir

Original poster
Dec 22, 2013
Denver
We moved into our house a few months back and my neighbor was smoking meat in this driveway. I was very intrigued.  I went out and bought a Brinkman electric smoker.  The fist time using it, I caught the whole thing on fire and my meat turned out crappy. I could not even give it away.

Since then I have gotten much better at it. I switched to pork from brisket and have experimented with several rubs. I have found one that I like and it is working out great.  I have made several pork shoulders with great success. I then tried chicken and was very pleased with the way the chicken turned out.  Now I am planning to smoke a turkey for Christmas.  Hope that works out well.

I have very little experience and I am now in the market for a new smoker.  But which one to choose. I am not sure.  That is, in part, why I joined the forum.  Trying to learn about the different smokers on the market.

-John

Glad you joined us John, :welcome1: from North Dakota!
We have all learned from our mistakes, sounds like you are also... as far as which smoker to get next that is a tough one, look around, research and take your time as you make sure you get what is best for you. During that time you still have your Brinkmann to experiment and learn on!

I would also recommend research mod's to your Brinkmann, use the search tool and search "Mods ECB" and I think you will be surprise at how a few changes will improve your smoking experiences on your Brinkmann.

Last edited:
Hi John and welcome to the group!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks a lot everyone.. Shortly after I posted this thread I came across a Chargrill smoker for dirt cheap. I did have to buy the fire box to put on the side. All total I have a minimal investment, less than 1/3 of what the heavy weights costs. I like this one because it was cheap, light enough so that I can move it on the wheels without hurting myself. The down side is, it is cheaply made and required metal work to get the fire box to mount properly. I will get to try it out tomorrow with a Christmas turkey. I cannot wait. I am so excited.

I look forward to nosing around this site to pick up tips. For years I have been trying to cook a piece of beef and fail badly. I am hoping to change that. I sure would like to be able to smoke a large piece of prime rib. Right now I am afraid to spend the money as I cannot seem to get beef correct. I am very pleased with my pork and chicken smoking. Now I am excited to see if I can duplicate my last smoke or if I was just lucky.

Thanks again.

-John

MERRY CHRISTMAS from GARY in EAST TEXAS

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky