Hello from Colusa County

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pgrevie

Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
Hello all. I'm new to the forum. I live in Colusa County (aka Po-Dunk). I've been grilling for many years and just started venturing into BBQ and smoking. I used to smoke jerky with my Dad for many years. I joined the forum the other day after I made my first batch of sausage. I only made 3 pounds and it didn't turn out as planned taste wise. It was still exellent though.

Hey, welcome Pgrevie!  I'm just down the road in Roseville.  Glad you caught the smokin' bug and joined the family.  I've never tried sausage so could learn something from you.  Most healthy "not-quite-right" smokes are still better than anything you can buy! 

Hello Pgrevie

Welcome, I joined Nor Cal Crew not to long ago myself. I made some mild Italian sausage a few years ago. It was not smoked,cured or stuffed. I boned a Boston Butt roast and ground the meat with

a food grinding attachment for a stand mixer. I used a recipe from a sausage making book. It turned out ok. Making the sausage was the fun part. Looking forward to hearing about your next batch.

Happy Smoking                                                                                 Smokin Sid

Welcome SethB

You picked a great forum for all your smoking needs. We lived in Yolo for 18 years and we have been in Butte for 8 years now. I love the slower pace of country living. It leaves more time for smoking those BabyBacks.

Happy Smokin

Smokin  Sid

Rick350 Welcome!

Gridley is not to far from my place, welcome!

Happy Smokin

Smokin Sid

Welcome SethB

You picked a great forum for all your smoking needs. We lived in Yolo for 18 years and we have been in Butte for 8 years now. I love the slower pace of country living. It leaves more time for smoking those BabyBacks.

Happy Smokin

Smokin  Sid
I'm born and raised in this area. I couldn't imagine living in a big city. I like being able to run my smoker at anytime I want all while shooting sheet in the yard. haha

Hey Rick350

I grew up in the Elk Grove area, when Dairies were all over Elk Grove and it looked like Butte county.

I smoke about once a month, mostly for special occasions. I did 6 racks of Baby Backs for a pot luck on the 15th of this month. It was for the

Hot August Night gathering of the Sacramento Valley Live Steamers R.R. Museum. It's a club I belong to. We have inch & half scale trains that run on about a mile of track.

The ribs turned out so good. I had to stand behind the table and serve a rib to each person to make sure everybody got at least one rib.

The moment I stepped away from the table people were taking 4 to 5 ribs at a time. I told everyone after everyone went through the line they could go back for more. I got a lot complements on the ribs. One of the board members came up to me and said to me the ribs made the meal complete.

It was a fantastic potluck and everyone had great time and no body walked away hungry .

BBQ is what makes life taste sooo Good!

Happy Smokin

Smokin Sid

Hey Rick350

I grew up in the Elk Grove area, when Dairies were all over Elk Grove and it looked like Butte county.

I smoke about once a month, mostly for special occasions. I did 6 racks of Baby Backs for a pot luck on the 15th of this month. It was for the

Hot August Night gathering of the Sacramento Valley Live Steamers R.R. Museum. It's a club I belong to. We have inch & half scale trains that run on about a mile of track.

The ribs turned out so good. I had to stand behind the table and serve a rib to each person to make sure everybody got at least one rib.

The moment I stepped away from the table people were taking 4 to 5 ribs at a time. I told everyone after everyone went through the line they could go back for more. I got a lot complements on the ribs. One of the board members came up to me and said to me the ribs made the meal complete.

It was a fantastic potluck and everyone had great time and no body walked away hungry .

BBQ is what makes life taste sooo Good!

Happy Smokin

Smokin Sid
A mile of track?? WOW.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky