Hello everyone! Im obviously new here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdub69

Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
Well first I will start out by saying I really do enjoy this forum and ive been a troll for a year or so.... so now its time to sign up. My name is jason and im 28 years old married with a 4 year old son. I am a professional custom car builder here in reading pa I work at a small shop Creative rod and kustoms building hot rods resto mods custom cars and stock restorations. I am the head mechanic and paint and body man there. I also have a large help in the fabrication section as well. I guess you could kinda say im alot like Aaron Kauffman from gas monkey garage if you watch the show at all. Now that I have told you alittle about my self ill go into the fact that I have been an avid Q enthusiast for many years now and have been smoking and making my own rubs sauces and glazes for about 5 years now with my wife by my side. Unfortunately ive been using a pos brinnkman pitmaster delux for about that time. Hey I got it for 10 bucks off of craigslist. Now the Q that I have put out on that smoker is fantastic in my eyes my familys and wifes family and all of my friends and the randoms that have eatin it. But as I stated its a pos and needs constant baby sitting even with a few of the mods i have done to it. Now the thing is basically falling apart and its time for bigger and better things. Been looking at smokers for over a year now and well were im from not alot of places stock decent smokers. So been doing my home work and well basically im going to build my self a smoker. Now you can burn me for this one cause I see alot of people do not like him but I do really like the myron mixion smoker. Not the jos line but his new line from seacon fabrication. And my plans are going to be very familiar to his with of course some of my own mods lol. Im currently using my cell phone so once I get pictures loaded up on there ill post them of the design and everything. Well thats about it and again I love the site and the usefull infor I get off of here.

Glad you joined us Jason! :welcome1:
Looking forward to seeing your plans and also hopefully following the build through progressive posts with pictures!

:welcome1: To the group , Jason. Look forward to seeing your smoker build. I think a lot of us feel that Mr mixon is an obnoxious cuss , but no one can deny he's a great Pitmaster . I bet he makes a great smoker , too. So build away , and well enjoy your progress.

I do have to agree he is obnoxious and I guess 1 its all part of tv and 2 if you go around thinking your shit dont stink then I guess you will always think that. Like ive said ive been looking for quite some time on different models available and I do really like the back woods smokers but something keeps bringing me back to the myron models. I know that he gets paid to endose them and say these are the worlds best smoker and they may or may not be. But I know im definitely not going to fork out 5k to find out lol. But for me really wanting to do a hog one of these days this one suits me cause I can get a suckling in in there with no head. Well ill put that baby on one of the top selfs and have at it lol. But like ive always said to each his own. I build top dollar hot rods and sometimes I just have to scratch my head and ask why but I well. I like to think its nit the smoker that makes good Q its the cook its self right? Lol

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the forums! We are happy that you joined the group. You'll find plenty of information here with over 1 million posts! Make the search bar at the top of the page your new friend.  Or, simply post your question in the area that applies. You'll get plenty of helpful advice. 

Also consider enrolling in Jeff's 5 day E course. It gives you lots of great information to start you off on the right foot! Best of all is that it's free!

Again, WELCOME 

Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky