• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello/dehydrating anchovies

deehadratin

Joined Dec 17, 2013
Hi everyone
I recently purchased a dehydrator and made some peppery beef jerky for the first time a few weeks ago according to one of the recipes on here which to my surprise turned out really good. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has dehydrated anchovies before or if you guys have any suggestions about doing this. Thanks

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Anchovies are a really oily fish.... I would think they would need to be in a brine for awhile to help remove the moisture and add salt as a preservative to keep the oil from turning rancid..... Look for a recipe for a similar fish like sardines or smelt and see what is recommended....

moikel

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2011
I do sardines down here the old school village way. I don't use a dehydrator ,salt ,weights & time.
If that is a direction you want to head in let me know.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.