Heating up leftover brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texas smokin

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 16, 2022
Dallas-Fort Worth
I frose some leftover brisket and have pulled it out to thaw and then eat. Any tips or best recommendation for heating it up to get as close to the original as possible? Thanks.

I frose some leftover brisket and have pulled it out to thaw and then eat. Any tips or best recommendation for heating it up to get as close to the original as possible? Thanks.
I vac seal all my left over brisket.

I just microwave it and never have an issue. Just don't microwave it into a crusty burnt mess hahaha.

Also I just cut a small slit in the vac seal bag and set the bag on a paper plate. Then I microwave it while in the bag and it keeps juicy and warms up quicker and more uniformly. Tastes great!

I hope this info helps :)

I vac seal all my left over brisket.

I just microwave it and never have an issue. Just don't microwave it into a crusty burnt mess hahaha.

Also I just cut a small slit in the vac seal bag and set the bag on a paper plate. Then I microwave it while in the bag and it keeps juicy and warms up quicker and more uniformly. Tastes great!

I hope this info helps :)
Terrific - thanks.

Different options for different situations. For larger gatherings I pull out frozen bags of brisket and put into a crockpot with a little liquid beef broth in the bottom and let warm for at least three hours.

After it is thawed you can chunk it up and warm it in a skillet. Add some sauce towards the end and it is faux burnt ends.

vacc seal is definitely the best way but i don't think it causes any harm to heat it up in a skillet or even in the oven

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky