Heat wave in Michigan!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
Well what we consider a heat wave this time of year, 38° is warm after the -20 we were having.

So time to make some venison jerky and some cheese.

Here it is in the smoker after marinating all night

Soy, Worcestershire, an orange teriyaki, garlic powder, onion powder and brown sugar.

Also put on 3 block of mozzarella and 2 block of cream cheese

AMZNPS working away!

More pics Later.

The venison jerky sounds and looks great.  How far from Lansing are you??  Smoked Mozzarella is the best on pizza. 

Half the snow has melted here so far and it's still raining.

Stan

I am about 1 1/2 hours from Lansing. The Jerky is coming out pretty good. I cold smoked them both for 2 1/2 hours and then into the dehydrator with the jerky.

I have a friend coming by for dinner tonight so I ran out and grabbed some county ribs and coated them with Jeff's Rub and then into the cold smoke for about 2 hours. I will them grill them later when I make dinner.

You have a lucky friend there Link,  I have not had venison jerky in about 12 years.  How dry are you going to take it?  The ribs sound good too.

Stan

I do not like it to be like leather so when I bend it and it Cracks a lot it is done.Still a bit chewy.

Here is the finished jerky 

The Ribs came out great. That was the first time i did them that way (cold smoke first then grilled later). They had great flavor and the were grilled perfectly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky