Heart and gizzards.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
My wife picked ip some chicken hearts and gizzards thinking she would make a treat for the dogs. I got the Sous Vide cooker going last night to try making pork ribs (Post that later tonight) so I figured why not.
Tossed the hearts and gizzards with bbq seasoning and into a bag. 165 degrees for 10 hours tossed them with a bit of flour and more bbq seasoning. Into a cast iron with gurkey fat and breakfast is made.

Man are these good! They melt in your mouth (even the gizzards).

Thanks for looking
Link

Attachments

• 20190223_101205.jpg
    20190223_101205.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 56
Here is my favourite recipe for chicken gizzards if you wanna try...

Fry in the pan twice as much than gizzards amount of red onion untill onion became glossy.. add bay leaf and SPG spice.. add gizzards, water and white wine.. let it simmer for half an hour....in smaller pan, add oil and one ts red paprika... when paprika starts sizzling add it to the pot and simmer for another 15 min... in a mean time chill the wine.

Here is my favourite recipe for chicken gizzards if you wanna try...

Fry in the pan twice as much than gizzards amount of red onion untill onion became glossy.. add bay leaf and SPG spice.. add gizzards, water and white wine.. let it simmer for half an hour....in smaller pan, add oil and one ts red paprika... when paprika starts sizzling add it to the pot and simmer for another 15 min... in a mean time chill the wine.

That sound very good. May have to give it a try. Thanks

Take a Saturday ride over to the shore and I will tell you where to get some. About 20 miles from the bridge. Also just remembered there is a Amish Market in Annapolis too.

Suuny thanks for the like.

Warren

I've done gizzards too, but I went lower temp for longer. They were ok, needed more time, or a higher temp as they weren't as tender as I'd hoped for. Might try them again at 165 and see how they do. Thanks!

I've been doing my gizzards 'buffalo' style. Deep fry them plain and then toss in buffalo sauce. Not real fancy, but cant do the breaded anymore. Deep fried gizzards were my favorite snowmobile / motorcycle pit-stop food.

Thanks all, I was not sure how this topic would go over. Figured I would be the only one who liked them. My wife thinks I am crazy and will not come near them.

Link

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky