has anyone ever done Pork Roll (Taylor)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
We get pork roll around here and I love it. We just grill it and put it on a bun with some cheese and ketchup and relish. You have to cut a slice in each piece or they curl up. When you're done they look like pac man slices. The best around here is Taylor pork roll. I haven't seen this mentioned yet....

Also referred to as Taylor Ham...I just looked it up in wikipedia, unless your from Philly/NJ area, you maybe never heard of it. It has to be made like some kind of sausage...I can't find a recipe anywhere (other than what to do with it).
icon_cry.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll

Shell

We have it in all the grocery stores here in MD .............. I have never had it before. I guess we could try to smoke it like a fatty ..............?

It's more sausage looking than bologna. I went and got some Friday, I was thinking about making it like a fattie but it didn't make it past breakfast.
icon_redface.gif
I think it's definitely processed like sausage. Instead of a regular casing, it looks like it's forced into canvas like "bags". It really is awesome, I was hoping that someone may have a recipe to actually make the pork roll.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky