Half-cooked bacon.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dalmorloson

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
St. Clairsville OH.
I love making ABTs. What I don't love is smoking them so long to get the bacon to desired doneness, that the peppers (especially the bottoms that stick through my pepper rack) get way overdone. I was wondering if anyone has partially cooked bacon 1st before assembling the ABTs? That way the bacon and peppers might finish around the same time.

Yes sir I nuke the bacon to get it about half cooked then use it works great and finishes at about the right time. 25-40 seconds on high depending on the bacon

If Im just doing a few. I will buy the pre-cooked bacon and use it. Its usually thin enough it crisps up pretty quick. And its just one less pan for me to clean as I cook.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky