Half a leg of lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't had lamb since my grand mother passed away. She came here from Ireland and would make it for certain holidays. I miss it, even though I can't remember if I liked it or not. Your's looks mighty good. I may have to try it again to see if I miss it for nostalgic reasons or if I really liked it.

Point for sure.

Chris

I haven't had lamb since my grand mother passed away. She came here from Ireland and would make it for certain holidays. I miss it, even though I can't remember if I liked it or not. Your's looks mighty good. I may have to try it again to see if I miss it for nostalgic reasons or if I really liked it.

Point for sure.

Chris
Oh bless her, sorry to hear she had passed.
I know in England we are a fan of it for Easter but I will eat in in Winter too... or any day of the year for that matter. Why thank you! :D
You should definitely...although I bet she didn't cook it on a smoker :) perhaps oven or crock pot or an Irish stew...I love Irish stew! :p

Woke up and was feeling impulsive again and decided to whack half a leg of lamb on...

View attachment 363050 Rubbed with olive oil, salt and pepper, a generous layer of garlic powder and then covered in a powdered bbq glaze from my butchers. Sat in fridge while I cleaned out the grill. Went on at just above 225° F went on at 7.15am.

Probed at 1hr : 30min (monitoring IT + pit)
View attachment 363054

Pulled it off and wrapped about 10am (nearly 3 hours later)

View attachment 363057

Unwrapped after an hour...was worried I had cooked it too fast but it seemed all good...
View attachment 363058
Juicy and I dont like it too pink but dont like it too brown...think this was just right for me.

Next I cut (and pulled as I was using the worst knife ever haha) got some bark/burnt ends or whatever they're called. Popped in the fridge.
View attachment 363059
When I came to reheat and serve for later...
I popped the lamb in a freezer bag (with a little olive oil, rub & mint sauce) squeezed all the air out, put bag in a pan of water to gently simmer.

Came out lovely and retained moisture. Here's my finished meal...
View attachment 363061

I was really happy with this one... but if anybody would have done it differently I am more than happy to accept pointers...

P.S thanks for reading

Wow! This lamb looks great!

Reactions: CharlotteLovesFood
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky