Had to stop smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

keahunter

Original poster
Aug 5, 2022
I was making a batch of sticks today and ran out of time when the sticks went into stall at 138゚. I let them sit there for about two hours but had to leave the house so I turned them off and stuck him in the fridge. How awful will it be if I start heating them up again to reach an internal of 152?. Not sure if it matters but they are venison with beef fat in natural sheep casing.

At 138F for 2 hours, the sticks are done...
Below is a pasteurization table for non intact meat, which ground beef, pork etc. is... 58.9 minutes at 138 fully cooks the sticks... 138 is what I cook my stuff to... Comes out moist and delicious... Enjoy....

1678540870547.jpeg

Dave has you covered.
I use the pasteurization table (a different one for intact meat) for cured pork loin and it comes out fantastic at 140° F.
Give it a try and see how it tastes to you.

Reactions: uncle eddie
At 138F for 2 hours, the sticks are done...
Below is a pasteurization table for non intact meat, which ground beef, pork etc. is... 58.9 minutes at 138 fully cooks the sticks... 138 is what I cook my stuff to... Comes out moist and delicious... Enjoy....

View attachment 659768
Dave was this a misprint and should have read 14 min. Trying to figure third column (time for 5.0 log reduction).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky