Had new air intakes cut .. he painted the inside door of the forebox...help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nwolfe88

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
Don't know why he did it...but he did. Is this safe? It's 1200 degree BBQ paint. I don't smell anything weird (I'm just burning a fire not cooking). Should I worry about it?

I'd build the hottest fire you can to burn off as much paint as you can.
While it's red hot mist the inside with a hose and let cool. Than wire brush off as much as you can and burn it out with a hot fire a second time before cooking anything.
You'll be fine after a few good hot burns.

I'd build the hottest fire you can to burn off as much paint as you can.
While it's red hot mist the inside with a hose and let cool. Than wire brush off as much as you can and burn it out with a hot fire a second time before cooking anything.
You'll be fine after a few good hot burns.

Any suggestion on how to remove the paint from the small areas in the bottom intake in this picture?

Attachments

• IMG_20190302_104200.jpg
    IMG_20190302_104200.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 23
Use heavy duty oven cleaner. It will strip paint. It’s messy so make sure you prep the area properly. Let the oven cleaner soak a few hours. Keep it ‘wet’ with the oven cleaner. Clean with warm soapy water, rinse, and then start a hot fire for final step.

Use heavy duty oven cleaner. It will strip paint. It’s messy so make sure you prep the area properly. Let the oven cleaner soak a few hours. Keep it ‘wet’ with the oven cleaner. Clean with warm soapy water, rinse, and then start a hot fire for final step.

He also used acetone to prep the metal on the inside of the door before painting it, this gonna be an issue?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky