Had A Hankering For Brisket...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Displaced Texan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Nov 11, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
Smoked this Costco prime Brisket Sunday. Same technique I have been using. 7 hours in the smoke, then, 5 in the oven at 225°. Got up at 3 am and stuck it in the warmer at around 150°. We went on the boat we are renting in Lake Michigan up here, Sea Ray Sundancer 440. Very nice. Anyway, came back and sliced up the brisket around 5 pm. It turned out VERY good. Nice bark:

IMG_0865.JPG

This is a not so good, lol, pic of the flat. Trust me, it was Homer Simpson drooling good.

IMG_0867.JPG

This pic is today. Refrigerated overnight last night and then in the warmer today for about 6 hours. Starting to get a bit shreddy but still incredibly moist and tender and tasty. Pic from the point:

IMG_0868.JPG

I am very pleased with how I have been able to smoke brisket and finish in the oven and hold for so long. This has been a game changer for me. Also, going back to under thinking haha and no probes, etc. Just feel. Anyway, really enjoying the art right now.

Out of curiosity, what did you use for a rub? I got a massive brisket from Costco myself that I plan on marinating tomorrow and still getting ideas on rubs.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky