Guinness Beef Stew

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy fellas and non fellas and people creating new categories for "themselves"? Who knows! Anyway was a comfort food thread about a month ago and I posted about Guinness stew. End of the year is crazy busy with Emily's Realty business so just getting around to posting. Limited pics as I totally forgot about this but here goes.

Start by frying up about a half pound of chopped bacon. I used my beef bacon. Get it crispy and drain. Keep bacon grease in skillet. Take 2.5lb of stew meat. I actually used tri tip
IMG_20221116_125146.jpg

Coat with 1tsp salt and 1tsp black pepper and coat with flour and brown in the bacon grease. Once browned add beef and bacon to crock pot

Next get 5 or 6 carrots, 2lb of red taters (leave skin on), 2 medium sweet onions, 2 celery hearts and chop everything up into eating size. Add to crock pot
IMG_20221116_122224.jpg

Chop up about 4 sprigs of thyme And 3 cloves of garlic and add to crock pot

Next add a 14.9oz serving of Guinness stout, 4 cups beef broth or until everything is covered, 4tsp tomato paste, couple dashes of hot sauce and couple dashes of Wooster sauce and 2 bay leaves.

Crock pot on low for 8-10 hours
IMG_20221116_131355.jpg

For the last hour add a good portion of baby Bella shrooms cut in half

Didn't get a finished shot but this stuff is delicious and full of flavor. Enjoy!

Also RIP Coach Mike Leach and Hail State!

Last edited:
Very nice Jake. I was just at the local Japanese butcher to get some oxtail to make something very close to that. Unfortunately, they only had really small so I decided against. Maybe the tri tip is the answer. Yours looks delicious.

And of course a few Guinness for the cook.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Howdy fellas and non fellas and people creating new categories for "themselves"? Who knows! Anyway was a comfort food thread about a month ago and I posted about Guinness stew. End of the year is crazy busy with Emily's Realty business so just getting around to posting. Limited pics as I totally forgot about this but here goes.

Start by frying up about a half pound of chopped bacon. I used my beef bacon. Get it crispy and drain. Keep bacon grease in skillet. Take 2.5lb of stew meat. I actually used tri tipView attachment 651297
Coat with 1tsp salt and 1tsp black pepper and coat with flour and brown in the bacon grease. Once browned add beef and bacon to crock pot

Next get 5 or 6 carrots, 2lb of red taters (leave skin on), 2 medium sweet onions, 2 celery hearts and chop everything up into eating size. Add to crock potView attachment 651296
Chop up about 4 sprigs of thyme And 3 cloves of garlic and add to crock pot

Next add a 14.9oz serving of Guinness stout, 4 cups beef broth or until everything is covered, 4tsp tomato paste, couple dashes of hot sauce and couple dashes of Wooster sauce and 2 bay leaves.

Crock pot on low for 8-10 hoursView attachment 651295
For the last hour add a good portion of baby Bella shrooms cut in half

Didn't get a finished shot but this stuff is delicious and full of flavor. Enjoy!

Also RIP Coach Mike Leach and Hail State!
Wow! That recipe sounds good! And it looks goood! Thanks for sharing. And I identify as a male…a damn sexy male with a set of teeth that look like an old wicker basket.
A46D2557-74AB-403F-90BE-5A6E94ED2C4B.jpeg

Awesome! I love Guinness stew! I’ve never thought of using try tip💪 Sounds incredible. That’s a winner!glad you’re feeling better!

Very nice Jake. I was just at the local Japanese butcher to get some oxtail to make something very close to that. Unfortunately, they only had really small so I decided against. Maybe the tri tip is the answer. Yours looks delicious.

And of course a few Guinness for the cook.
Thanks Ray. The tri tip was a pleasant mistake. Asked Emily to bring home a chuck roast and that's what I got lol.

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
Looks dang delicious Jake! Been thinking of making some beef stew lately as well.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky