Ground Lean Chicken Jerky & Whole Muscle Eye Round Jerky with Q-View!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big lew bbq

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
SE Michigan
Decided to smoke some Jerky, Hope you enjoy the Q-View.

The Ingredients I used to spice the 2 Lbs of Ground Chicken.

(The Shot glass has Cure #1 in it.)

All mixed up and in a freezer back to sit over night.

Got the Jerky Gun out and my 12x15 inch Q-Matz and started shooting some jerky.

Little less then 2 lbs, I set some aside to make up some sample patties to make sure the spice and flavor is right before I smoke.

Here is test Pattie #1, Decent flavor but I am going to add some more cayenne for a little more kick!

More Q-View to follow.

Here is the Eye Round Roast I cut up with the Grain, I like my jerky with a little pull to it.

Ingredients I used to Marinate the meat.

All mixed up and in the freezer bag to sit in the fridge overnight with the Chicken.

After a good nights rest in the marinade, I skewered the meat to hang in the smoker.

Gotta Love plastic bins, I use this thing for everything I do BBQ and Smoking related.

More Q-View to following During the SMOKE!

Last edited:
As soon as I get home from Work today all that Jerky is going into the smoker! I will post more of the smoke Q-View and the finished Q-View as well.

Jerky right out of the smoker.

Got to pat them dry with some paper towel and then into a Brown paper bag to sit over night!

Enjoy!

As you can see some of the ends of the sticks got a little "well" done.  I think next time I wont make the sticks as long, or i might shoot them onto the Q-Matz the other direction.

They are still delicious and had the right flavor, however they need to be hotter, so once again I will be increasing the cayenne!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky