Grocery Sales...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I haven't been posting about them much lately because...well there's really not much on sale for a decent price anymore. After perusing the adds for this week, one thing stands out and that's snowcrab legs at Lowes Foods are $7.99/lb. After the lamb ribs last week, Aldi has rack of lamb this week for $10.99/lb. Yes, I'm struggling to find any good sale prices...

LOL. I'm usually perusing the ads while sitting next to my wife at the table. Sometimes I'm shocked at what the store considers a "sale" price. My wife says, "Just quit reading them if it upsets you so much."

Reactions: JLeonard
The grocery store closest to my house pulls a buy one get one free scam. They mark up the price so bad that it’s like you are paying for both anyway. Of course they don’t list the price in the ad just buy one get one. Pic is the current offer. Pic didn’t format right so removed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
The grocery store closest to my house pulls a buy one get one free scam. They mark up the price so bad that it’s like you are paying for both anyway. Of course they don’t list the price in the ad just buy one get one. Pic is the current offer. View attachment 656540
Yeah, the ones here do that too. Double the price, then try to fool you with the buy 1-get one. I guess there must be some stupid people who fall for it.

Been fighting flu and really haven't shopped much lately. Haven't done anything lately lol - except sleep, hack up snot and try to breathe........

I'll have to go through my freezer and count chucks - Food Lion has them @ 3.99/lb. I know I'm down to 1 pack of ground beef so I'll pick up a few for that if nothing else.

Harris Teeter has butts @ .99/lb

What I really need to catch is pork loin. It's been so damn high everywhere for months. My lady has this new crockpot recipe with porkchops she's crazy about and I told her I would vac seal up a couple of meals worth for her soon. Used my last half loin the last batch she made.

Local Fareway has pork butts (bone in) 7-9lb avg for $1.48 a pound, that seems like a decent price these days

Yeah what is a called a sale now-a-days aint much of a sale anymore. Definitely gotta bargain shop at different stores.

Jim

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Local Fareway has pork butts (bone in) 7-9lb avg for $1.48 a pound, that seems like a decent price these days
Price Chopper up here had them at .99 cents last week around here. I didn't have enough open freezer space so I passed.

Chris

The grocery store closest to my house pulls a buy one get one free scam. They mark up the price so bad that it’s like you are paying for both anyway.
A couple stores here, most notably Lowes, does that, too. Really have to watch and know prices to keep from getting ripped off...

A couple stores here, most notably Lowes, does that, too. Really have to watch and know prices to keep from getting ripped off...
The stores here like to advertise Ribeye's for 5.99ea but when read the fine print its a 5oz sandwich cut.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky