Grizzly Stuffer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hanifen

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Minneapolis
Has anyone bought one of these? I see they have a 5lbs stuffer for just $67. Great price but how good is it? So if you have one or know someone that does please speak up.

Thanks,

Hanifen

I have one and I love it. Just bought it in December for $59.95. My gears are nylon not plastic. Unless you crush sticks or rocks in there I can't imagine it being a problem. This is just ground meat we're using.

Gunslinger
Easy to clean and works good as a hard cheese press too if you put a rubber bung or cork in the base meat hole with a small slit it it to drain the whey. Note: Cheedar takes 50 lbs, Romano takes 40 lbs Parmesan takes 40 lbs of pressure - so far no problems.

Mine has been working pretty much full time for cheese or sausage since I got it!

PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Yeah, nylon, plastic........They're all white
icon_razz.gif
. I have a tube of foodgrade lithium grease that my wife used on her nacho cheese pumps back when she was catering my auctions. I think this would be a good idea to use on the gears whatever they're made of.
Can't wait to get started on the cheese.

Gee maybe that's why the price change? I wondered why they went up another $6 in a month - new models. Mine has white nylon gears.

I bought that one rather than a few another brands for that reason. I still think they'd be pretty hard to break with soft meat though.

I'd go slow with the cheese ... I'm not familar with the plastic gears. Loks likeall the cheap (under $300) ones have plastic gears now.

that's a shame, I'm looking at them in my newest 2007 catalog and they still show the black gears.....granted my closest one is over 2 hours north of me..........

Just read the manual on this stuffer, on Grizzly's website. It say's nothing about the amount of pressure being supplied. How do you know when 40 or 50 lbs is being supplied? Guesstamate?

Easy to clean and works good as a hard cheese press too if you put a rubber bung or cork in the base meat hole with a small slit it it to drain the whey. Note: Cheedar takes 50 lbs, Romano takes 40 lbs Parmesan takes 40 lbs of pressure - so far no problems.

The sausage stuffer isn't made to press cheese but it works well. Shhhh! Don't tell them they'll jack up the price again! Dual purpose stuffer/cheese press. $125

Yeah I just guess. You kind of feel the pressure when you turn the crank and I have a cheese press so I know what size it is when it's squished down to 50 lbs. When you think about it 50 lbs is not alot of pressure. Crank it down so it's feeling like it resisting then add about 4 or 5 more turns. Next day add another turn or 2 and next day do the same.

I have a simple cheese press design I use on the Cheese forum that you can build for less than $25 I used a 50 lbs spring from ACE hardware I bought for $2 but I don't think it worked any better so I don't use it anymore.

If you build a cheese press - get a cheap nylon cutting boards for the bottom and pressure plate it's cheaper than buying new nylon.

man I bit the bullet and bought one from them the other day, it showed up yesterday and I used it today and it's the bomb!!!!! I don't see how I ever lived without this thing!!!!!!

It is a great little stuffer and 5 lbs is probably big enough for the average person. I rarely do more than 10 lbs in a session.

I weird though it's actually faster to make sausages than when I used to make the meat into patties! Handling the meat less also seems to give it a flakier texture.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky