Grinders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
i got a nu 32 manual with a pulley and a 1700 rpm motor and mounted it on an old air compressor. the 3200 on it was shot and its mobile. we call it the rhino grinder. ps. build safety shields for belts!!!!!!! they are non forgiving.

well i got the notherntool grinder for x-mas from the wife. I have 4 deer between what i have shot for myself and my uncle to try it out on. Thanks for all the advice.

Congratulations! Let us know how you like it and post some Qview of it in action! Your reviews will definitely help others make their decisions easier!

I use a grinder after hunting a few deer, and mixing deer meat with pork. Do not tell the OSHA safety inspectors about this, but here goes:

- Purchase a large hand grinder. Remove the handle.
- Place a wheel on the grinder (about 10 inches)
- Get a referigerator motor (up to 2 HP) with a small wheel.
- Purchase one belt to fit grinder and motor
- Mount grinder and motor on 10 x 2 board about 4 feet long.
- Adjust to provide the appropriate tension on the belt.
- Get the kids, dog, and especially your wife out of the way.
- Do not wear a tie or other loose clothing. Do wear shorts.
- Turn it on. Give this thing your full attention
- Drop meat in grinder (mixing both deer meat and pork)
- Catch in large bowl
- Add seasoning

I have never been able to "choke" this grinder. It is not pretty, but it works.

Skipper

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky