Grilled pork tenderloin with blackberry habanero glaze

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks again for the inspiration! Pretty sure this glaze would be great on some wings too!
You're welcome. Reading this again this morning, that really is a great looking plate. Was in a bit of shutdown mode last night, my GF has been working looonnngg hours and we hit the pub with a couple friends. Hmmm, I'd try on wings I guess, though I'd jack the heat level up and try to thin it a bit. How many habaneros did you use and how did you find the heat level?

You're welcome. Reading this again this morning, that really is a great looking plate. Was in a bit of shutdown mode last night, my GF has been working looonnngg hours and we hit the pub with a couple friends. Hmmm, I'd try on wings I guess, though I'd jack the heat level up and try to thin it a bit. How many habaneros did you use and how did you find the heat level?
I went with 3 like you initially suggested and it was a good heat while still allowing you to taste everything else.. and I think the glaze is thin enough for me as I made it ahead of time and chilled it, then put it through a food processor after reheating just a bit because I knew I was going to use a squeeze bottle to control it going on.

For the wings, I'd be ok with adding another Habanero if I was making a fresh batch just for them. 3 is perfect for the pork though

Outstanding job and pictorial, thanks for sharing. I just finished dinner, but that got me hungry again.

WaterRat WaterRat ( or anyone else who knows) - since this is the one and only time I've cooked with wine ( so far) if I were to double this recipe.. would I still just add the last 1/4 cup with corn starch to the whole batch or would I double that too?

WaterRat WaterRat ( or anyone else who knows) - since this is the one and only time I've cooked with wine ( so far) if I were to double this recipe.. would I still just add the last 1/4 cup with corn starch to the whole batch or would I double that too?

Good question... I'll ask my GF later, she's a professional chef... but I'd say you'd do a 1/2 cup wine with 1 tsp cornstarch. You pre-mix with the wine so you don't end up with clumps of cornstarch in the sauce. The same would be true if you were using chicken stock instead of wine in a different sauce, you just need the cornstarch well distributed in liquid prior to addition. In this sauce the wine is the only free flowing liquid so it it's what you use. You then get it to (near)boiling or else the cornstarch doesn't do it's starchy magic and thicken up the sauce. You may not even need the starch but you would then need to reduce more and since this is sugar heavy it could lead to some scoarching which we don't want!

Oh, start cooking with more wine... and beer... both are great! And of course if you open the bottle... well you can't just not drink it :emoji_wink: (OK, there are some people who don't partake, that's OK)

Reactions: kilo charlie
Yes.. I had great success with getting it all to come together following your directions .. so much so that I was thinking about another project with it and the need to double or triple the recipe.. I understand the cornstarch part and getting it mixed in as I've used it before in other various recipes.. just wondering if I would use the 1/4 or like you mentioned up to 1/2 cup of additional wine.

I'm a bourbon drinker so sampling the wine was not the best experience LOL

Thanks again for sharing all of this!

Yes.. I had great success with getting it all to come together following your directions .. so much so that I was thinking about another project with it and the need to double or triple the recipe.. I understand the cornstarch part and getting it mixed in as I've used it before in other various recipes.. just wondering if I would use the 1/4 or like you mentioned up to 1/2 cup of additional wine.

I'm a bourbon drinker so sampling the wine was not the best experience LOL

Thanks again for sharing all of this!

No prob, good luck.

I like bourbon too though I'm primarily a beer guy. I like some wine from time to time.

There's inexpensive wine, and there's cheap wine... :emoji_wink:

Reactions: kilo charlie
I knew nothing or wines or even what Merlot was when I decided to make your recipe.. so I picked a middle shelf wine and that one was picked by the label LOL

It wasn't horrible by any means.. just not for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky