Grilled Philly cheesesteak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mine had some pregrated bagged stuff called Italian 5 cheese blend. Can't remember what was in it other than Mozzarella
icon_question.gif

I'm just outside of Philly, and basically the thought process on the cheese varies a bit. I'm sure everyone's heard of Pat's and Gino's. There first choice for cheese is cheez whiz. Not on my cheesesteak!! Personally I've had much better cheesesteaks from many other places. Most of us prefer plain old american and that's what most places put on them. The rib eye is the choice for the steak. Fried onions are popular, but we have soooo many varieties of cheesesteaks here. California, mushroom & brown gravy, pizza steak, chicken cheesesteak, my favorite is a cheesesteak on a garlic roll. Take your roll like your going to make garlic bread and then slap that meat and cheese on that...Now that's a good cheesesteak. One of the most important parts is the roll, hands down.
Both pics of cheesesteaks looked great!!! Try some of that meat onions and peppers in some spaghetti sauce and then over noodles...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Haven't tried that, but use the same meat, onions and peppers with chili powder, grill it add Salsa, sour cream and cheese if you want, wrap it in a flour tortilla and it makes a kick azz fajita
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I hear ya brother. Coming on here before I eat is like going to the grocery store hungry. I'll be slobbering all over everything.

tryed this last night.. everyone loved it!! mahalos for the how to.. and at the same time making me look good...it looked like i know what i was doing..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky