Grilled cheese sloppy dawg

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I grew up eating chilli cheeses when we would go camping...use those cast iron sandwich makers that you use over a fire. Butter your bread like you do for grilled cheese and put the cheese and a good amount of chilli but never thought about a hot dog! Could the dog in half to make it fit!
I also remember doing grilled cheese with those contraptions, but we also did pies....substitute pie filling for the cheese!

John

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
That sounds AMAZING! I am going to try it. We always have Hot Dogs but not Buns. Hey...Top with Chicken Nuggets, and you got ALL the Kid Food Groups covered...JJ

That sounds AMAZING! I am going to try it. We always have Hot Dogs but not Buns. Hey...Top with Chicken Nuggets, and you got ALL the Kid Food Groups covered...JJ
It was pretty good! Lol i should have thrown a few frozen nuggets in the air fryer!

I had the same thought when I saw that. Going to have to try that myself at some point. Need to get the taco holder though.

I got that covered.
AF3EB410-B781-4D01-8C6D-DF83C7C6A9C4.jpeg

It was my intention to make these tonight. But work kicked my can. So it's boiled hot dogs and bed.

I had the same thought when I saw that. Going to have to try that myself at some point. Need to get the taco holder though.
They were good. I have seen the taco holders a lot of places now. Saw one at Wal-Mart in the grilling section just the other day.

It was my intention to make these tonight. But work kicked my can. So it's boiled hot dogs and bed.
Dang I hate days like those. Hopefully in the bext few days you can try them out. Share some pics when you do!

Reactions: Steve H
But work kicked my can. So it's boiled hot dogs and bed.

I'm with you brother. For me it wasn't work per se. It was slicing 40# of bacon and dried beef, making all the vac sea bags, and vac sealing it all. Add to that a couple beers, a margarita, and a massive bowl of warm soup I made for Tracy, I'm pretty much done.

Put a fork in me...
Robert

Reactions: Steve H
We used to slice hotdogs into thin stips length wise and put that into toasted cheese sandwiches. Didn't have to fold them then.

Wow!

I think you are into something here.

Some restauranteaur will see this and make a fortune on it!

Quick. . .Apply for a patent!

Nice job man,

John
Thanks! I could see some variation of this on a food truck working well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky