Grilled Calzone Turnover (W Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Not exactly sure what to call this or what it is, so I just called it this, even though I never turned it over :emoji_laughing: This one was done a little while back and has just been sitting in the folder on my desktop. It was kind of a cool cook and a really good meal so thought I'd toss it out there.

Start with the goodies: homemade spicy pepperoni, smoked ham, onion, red bell pepper, and sliced Pepperoncini peppers
IMG_0222.JPG

I had a can of Pillsbury croissants in the fridge. They come 8 to a can so I made a starfish with them on the 14" CI pizza pan and added some mozz.
IMG_0225.JPG

Now the meats
IMG_0227.JPG

Veggies
IMG_0229.JPG

Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
IMG_0231.JPG

Fold it up, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with parsley
IMG_0235.JPG

Out on the grill
IMG_0237.JPG

About 15 minutes in. Looking good so far
IMG_0238.JPG

All done
IMG_0243.JPG

Sliced and ready for plating
IMG_0249.JPG

Plated with some homemade marinara.
IMG_0251.JPG

This is another one that was fun, quick to make, and really good. total time start to eating was about 45 minutes. 15 to prep, and 30 to cook. I have plans to do something very similar with homemade dough real soon. Although similar to the Calzone I posted not long ago, this is a different approach and it came out well. The openings in the dough believe it or not allowed for better melting of the cheese...and we love the gooey malted mozz. That's what makes a big part of anything like this more enjoyable. Next one is gonna have bacon on it though. I kinda missed that on this one due to time constraints. Oh well...finally getting caught up on stuff I've wanted to post. Now this one can go into the big folder and off the desk top. Thanks again for dropping in and we'll see y'all on the next one. Stay safe and be happy!! :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Looks great Robert. Excellent work. Love Pillsbury croissants for a bunch of stuff.

Looks awesome Robert! Gotta love something that thick stuffed full of pizza ingredients. I plan on doing some mini deep dish keto pizzas soon. Now when I say soon it’s been on the to do list for about 3 week lol.

Top notch quick meal Robert, I’d have been all over one of those!

Unfortunately I’m in TNJAKE TNJAKE shoes... Snowing sideways at the moment!

Sure does sound tasty Robert ! That thing got a beautiful color on it too!

Wow , again Robert! You are killing me with this excellence. Gonna have to block your posts as I cannot stop dreaming of these meals every day here! Dang that looks good! LIKES

Mighty fine looking Robert! Could down a couple of those real easy! And maybe even take some to go also!

Ryan

Holy Smokes, Robert!!
Never thought about making one of those on the Grill.
That came out Great!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Looks easy enough for a quick meal. Pretty cool idea...JJ

Geez that looks good Robert! Better be careful you are going to get Joe xray xray all excited again you know how much he loves Italian food...
View attachment 482083

Get in muh belly is right!!!

Dinner looks awesome Robert! I really would enjoy one of those, and it’s really cool how you fold those up. I bet you could fool TN into thinking it’s a taco bell crunchwrap supreme when he shows up stoned at the drivethru at 3am!

• Haha
Reactions: Sowsage
We did the calzones after you posted last time and they were delicious, although mine was a bit wet inside with all the ingredients I used. This looks more promising with the openings for some moisture to escape. Guess we'll be trying this too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky