Grilled Asparagus

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokestack32

Original poster
Jul 19, 2016
I love grilling asaparagus. Throw it right over the some hot coals and char it up. I've tested a few different seasoning combos, but this is by far my favorite.

Drizzle EVOO
Sprinkle with S & P
Dust them with Williams Rib Tickler Rub
Throw them on the grill and char them up a bit
Move to the side and cover woth lid for 5-10 minutes

Reactions: disco
drool.gif

Oh man, that's the stuff!! Ya' KILLIN' me!

Love grilled asparagus. Like other fellows ...olive oil salt and pepper...most of the time. To make it a bit exotic sometimes I sprinkle them with sesame seeds. They go along.

For a nice presentation you can use 2-3 skewers to build a nice asparagus raft.

It's one of the most versatile veggies out there. I got my 11 year old son (who hates anything green) to eat it just by saying it will make his pee stink.. It worked.

Grilled, roasted, steamed, wrapped in bacon, breaded.. the list goes on and on..

This is one of our household faves! But I just do a marinade in EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar, Salt and Pepper. That balsamic char is amazing! Its sweet, not vinegary! For a finishing touch, drizzle with a balsamic reduction. You can easily make your own reduction of some cheap store bought balsamic vinegar.... oh! Heaven!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky