Grill buddy.....or enemy?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nope . Like people that cover their condensing unit in the winter time . Asking for problems .
I have the Blackstone cover for mine . Been thinking about making a hard cover . I saw you can buy a hardware kit .
Yeah, I see people all the time covering their AC condenser units. Not a good idea for many reasons. I just put a piece of plywood on top of mine so if any ice falls of the roof. It won't damage anything.

Reactions: chopsaw
Yeah, I see people all the time covering their AC condenser units. Not a good idea for many reasons. I just put a piece of plywood on top of mine so if any ice falls of the roof. It won't damage anything.
My outside unit lasted over 20 years and only replaced this past year due to the "fins" around the bottom third were falling off. I figured a better efficiency and the fact it would only take a landscaper to go too close with the weed wacker and it would be finished. With both of working from home full time, I was not taking chances with a month or so down time in the middle of the summer.

My pool heat pump is the same age and still going, also going to look into a more efficient one this year though.

Had this house built in '06 . Everything is original . AC froze up at the end of last year . Tried to get a guy to come look at it , but never heard back from him . It was getting cool so I didn't worry to much about it , until it got hot again . I managed to get it going to get me through the late season heat . Now it's getting close to dealing with it again .

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
10-1 says the rodents tear it up and using as housing materials LOL

all I have to say.jpg

Is this product on the market or still coming?
Website says pre-orders ship in March. Yet I see 5-star reviews crowing the product.
I don't think it warrants $60 to give it a try.

I have to agree with everyone else. That just looks like a bad idea from the get go. I'm a scrape, water to deglaze and cloth towel clean to dry and then a recoat of canola. My BS is covered with an aftermarket metal lid. No problems.

Reactions: clifish and jcam222
I bought an aftermarket diamond plate cover for my CC off Ebay, made in USA and was pretty reasonable.....of course that was pre-covid. My CC came with a soft cover and although it worked, I found myself not using the griddle much as it was a PIA to remove. It also greased up on the inside and I had to wait till the griddle cooled down to put it back.

... and I had to wait till the griddle cooled down to put it back.
This is always the PITA with soft covers and why grills always ended up left uncovered. Previous owner left a very nice canopy on the back deck that has worked very well to keep the elements off my weber kettle.

Reactions: clifish
This is always the PITA with soft covers and why grills always ended up left uncovered. Previous owner left a very nice canopy on the back deck that has worked very well to keep the elements off my weber kettle.
I am looking into a grill gazebo this year that I can fit the gasser, griddle and the MB800 under. If I score another kettle, that should stand up to being out in the weather for summers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky