Griddle Thai Sweet Chili Glazed Pork W Pineapple & Cranberries (Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I haven't found a sweet Thai chili sauce that I really like, so when you make more, it would be great if you wrote up a post on it.

Thanks so much Gary. The stuff is so quick and easy to make it wouldn't justify a thread. Here is the recipe though.

1/2 cup rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
1/2 cup white sugar (plus 2 tablespoons)
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons sherry (or cooking sherry)**
2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
1/2 to 1 tablespoon dried crushed chili (1 tablespoon makes spicy-hot sauce)
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (dissolved in 3 to 4 tablespoons cool water)

Place all ingredients—except the cornstarch-water mixture—in a saucepan or pot and bring to a boil.

Reduce heat to medium and let boil for 10 minutes, or until reduced by half. (Note that the vinegar will be quite pungent as it burns off--rice vinegar is less strong than regular white vinegar.)

Reduce heat to low and add the cornstarch-water mixture. Stir to incorporate and continue stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens about 2 minutes. Then remove from heat and taste-test.

Pour sauce into a small bowl or jar and serve as a condiment, dip, or marinade.

When you are taste-testing, you should taste sweet first, followed by sour, then spicy and salty notes. If the sauce isn't sweet enough, add a little more sugar. If it's not spicy enough, add more chili.

(**I used 1 tablespoon each of Grenadine and Vermouth)

Adjust accordingly for your tastes where the garlic and crushed red pepper are concerned. This makes a pretty small batch so every time I make it I double the recipe

Robert

Reactions: GaryHibbert
looks like a great tasting meal Robert.

Appreciate it Jim. Yes, it was pretty tasty. Exceeded my expectations when I thought through making it. I believe it was the cranberries that set it over the top though.

I would need a bib just for the drool just seeing that. Very nice . . .

Nah...just hang your head over your plate and let that catch the drool :emoji_wink:

Hell ya, Robert! You da man!

Thanks Derek!! Hadn't seen you for a few days. Great to see you're still with us.

Robert

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Once again another great meal! Love your flavor combo on this meal. Nice job man!

Awesome griddle of food!! Love the flavors on the pork and also the salad. I gotta do some Thai of some kind soon. Great cook Robert.

Thanks so much guys. I was happy with the way all the flavors came together and created something totally different but very, very good.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky