Griddle Purchase

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So I ordered my 36” new design blackstone yesterday for $239.99 shipped. Picked up a few things for it, but looking for good info on covers/accessories/mods. Tia

I got the fabric cover for mine, It said it is waterproof, today I will find out.

Bought the grill pack, has two spatula's the grill scraper and two plastic bottle's, one for oil the other for water. also bought the metal baster cover and the cast iron press.

Over the weekend I finally seasoned the griddle. Took me two hours to do ten coats, The manual said four to five was good but I did more since mine will sit out side on my front porch. It is covered but better safe then sorry.

There is a metal cover, That does cover the grill and It sits in place it slides to the back and has two catches that hold on too the back of the griddle. I want that also because it looks like it will block some wind and here in Oklahoma I will need that that some point. Not sure what else to get right now but as I start to cook on it I will figure out what else I need.

Here it is

See more

Titan Diamond Plated Aluminum Grill Cover Fits 28" Blackstone Griddle
from Amazon.com - Seller
5 product reviews
Made from diamond plated aluminum. Includes hooks to hang cover as a windbreak. Width: 29.75" | Depth: 18.75" | Height: 2" Weight: 6 LB The Diamond Plated Aluminum Grill Cover ...more »Made from diamond plated aluminum. Includes hooks to hang cover as a windbreak. Width: 29.75" | Depth: 18.75" | Height: 2" Weight: 6 LB The Diamond Plated Aluminum Grill Cover from Titan Great Outdoors was designed to fit the 28" Blackstone Griddle. This unit covers the entire griddle to protect it when not in use and features hooks to hang the cover for use as a windbreak while cooking. Features: - Fits 28" Blackstone Griddle - Made from diamond plated aluminum. - Includes hooks to hang cover as a windbreak. Specifications: - Width: 29.75" - Depth: 18.75" - Height: 2" - Weight: 6 LB ** Note: This griddle cover is not compatible with the new version of the Blackstone Griddle with rear grease management system!« less

Other options

36" $90
$69.95
+$6.21 tax. Free shipping
Amazon.com - Seller
Visit site
$69.95 eBay - titanattachments
Compare prices from 2 stores
Related itemsReviews

Reactions: sm0kin
That 69.95 link is for the 28” fyi. I ordered the canvas cover and a couple bacon presses as well as 3 nice dexter Russell spatulas. Wife ordered some carbon steel rings for eggs and hash browns, and we picked up a gallon of canola oil yesterday. Looking forward to its arrival
As far as seasoning, did you oil the bottom surface of the griddle too? I’m planning on it (at least 1 layer)
I’m going to look into the metal covers once I get this thing and set it up. Likely will keep it in my garage initially till spring

That 69.95 link is for the 28” fyi. I ordered the canvas cover and a couple bacon presses as well as 3 nice dexter Russell spatulas. Wife ordered some carbon steel rings for eggs and hash browns, and we picked up a gallon of canola oil yesterday. Looking forward to its arrival
As far as seasoning, did you oil the bottom surface of the griddle too? I’m planning on it (at least 1 layer)
I’m going to look into the metal covers once I get this thing and set it up. Likely will keep it in my garage initially till spring
The canvas cover is a very nice high quality cover . My 28 is outside , but under roof .
I founds the best way to season after the initial burn off and oil up , was just to use it . Clean and re oil . Bacon works great for this .

I found when doing the seasoning less is better on the oil . More reps , less oil to burn off , repeat .
They are alot of fun . Makes a great hamburger .

I like to use a 6 " taping knife instead of the spatula . Better angle for me .

36" price is at the bottom of the page, pic is to look at.

I learned the hard way with seasoning it. A little oil goes a long way!

I looked at Blackstone about the bottom and on their website,

36'' and 28'' Griddle
do i need to season the bottom of my griddle?

No, it’s not necessary.

Copy link
Right, but if untreated it will rust for sure. I live in Missouri and we get some ridiculous humidity in the summer. I’m feeling like better safe than sorry so definitely going to do it :emoji_punch:

not sure what it will do since all you are doing is "burning" the oil on the griddle top. Seems like the heat will just burn it off and also the griddle comes packed in a heavy oil already that you end up burning off when you season the griddle.

Before using or heating , wash both sides with hot soap and water to remove packing oils . Then burn it off and season .
After that no soap .
I live in Missouri and we get some ridiculous humidity in the summer. I’m feeling like better safe than sorry so definitely going to do it :emoji_punch:
It wont hurt . I did the back side of mine with cooking spray , then wiped it off . I keep an eye on it , no trouble so far .

Before using or heating , wash both sides with hot soap and water to remove packing oils . Then burn it off and season .
After that no soap .

It wont hurt . I did the back side of mine with cooking spray , then wiped it off . I keep an eye on it , no trouble so far .

That’s pretty much what I found during my YouTube search. I planned to put canola in a spray bottle and cover the bottom after I wash and dry it. Then put it on, fire it up and begin seasoning the top :emoji_thumbsup:

You guys with all your toys. Griddle grills, Bear with his smokeless grill, Al with his Santa Maria thingamajig, New pellet grills/smokers,vortecs, stuffers, brisket/meat sales, etc. Geez I keep snooping around on here and it's gonna make the wife get a second job. :emoji_head_bandage:

You guys with all your toys. Griddle grills, Bear with his smokeless grill, Al with his Santa Maria thingamajig, New pellet grills/smokers,vortecs, stuffers, brisket/meat sales, etc. Geez I keep snooping around on here and it's gonna make the wife get a second job. :emoji_head_bandage:

You know the saying.......He who dies with the most toys had a lot of fun while he was alive!!!

Like my buddy always said, "Pretty lazy man that won't find his wife a second job!"

Well it survived the trip from Utah to Missouri, just finished assembly and having a celebratory beer before I leave for dinner :emoji_sunglasses:
I’ll have to wash the griddle surface and get it ready for seasoning maybe tomorrow night

93A88880-1280-4456-B0F8-5F4708433C82.jpeg

Well it seems to work , but these bacon presses kinda suck. They are marginally heavy enough, but they are too friggin small. Anyone know if there’s a bigger one out there say 14x14? Google didn’t give me much help. I suppose I could make one if needed

Attachments

• DF302817-0422-46FD-9ABC-9B02C9B30ED4.jpeg
    DF302817-0422-46FD-9ABC-9B02C9B30ED4.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 19
  • A4E7147D-7D79-4422-8FCE-58DCF1F36AD8.jpeg
    A4E7147D-7D79-4422-8FCE-58DCF1F36AD8.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 21
  • E6971D6C-454D-4377-861C-901FEBE04090.jpeg
    E6971D6C-454D-4377-861C-901FEBE04090.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 21
Well I lucked out. I was able to get a
mis-drilled heater plate from work that was already Teflon coated and destined for the scrap bin, paid scrap value for the aluminum :emoji_sunglasses:
Here’s the easiest plan I came up with, just need to drill and tap 4 holes and mount the cheap aluminum press directly to the heater plate. I’m guessing I can cook nearly a pound of bacon under it :emoji_metal:
Done:emoji_thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2C220D4E-373E-4635-88B2-51ACA6694A66.jpeg
    2C220D4E-373E-4635-88B2-51ACA6694A66.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 97154C3C-9A73-4ADB-9502-487B953193CD.jpeg
    97154C3C-9A73-4ADB-9502-487B953193CD.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 701B3C1F-2C04-4651-929A-8909A9A71AC0.jpeg
    701B3C1F-2C04-4651-929A-8909A9A71AC0.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 16
  • C0418633-C71F-4E32-966D-3DE87C413627.jpeg
    C0418633-C71F-4E32-966D-3DE87C413627.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky