Griddle for the MBGF 1050

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Statesboro Ga
Just saw this today and looks like and early Christmas 🤣

Keith

Looks like it will make a good addition to the family Keith.

Chris

Reactions: 912smoker
Yeah Chris I was planning to add a flat top and this will help with no additional space needed! And worth a try at that price.
And the wife won't even know about it until she smells to stir fry 😁

Keith

Won't you need a different manifold like the 800? That is going to be awfully heavy to take on and off...and messy. I still have the top and manifold from my 800 in a box, will probably be scrap metal at some point. Where does the grease go through that hole? There can be a lot and not sure how the MB will handle that without flare ups?

If you get though let us know how you like it.

Why did u get an 800 with the griddle and manifold if you weren't gonna use it LOL? You know you can buy em cheaper without the griddle right? Flare ups are usually caused by people not cleaning their manifolds or doing burn offs. One thing about bbqing is you gotta know your rig and what causes issues so you can avoid em. i do burn offs before and after cooks and I have 0 issues with flare ups now. I jad to learn the hard way lol. Also why would it be messy to take on and off if you clean your stuff? The grease would go on the drip pan and into the drip try like any other cook. I did wonder about the manifold but i don't think it's a huge issue these things can put out some major heat.

I wish they did this for teh 560 I would 100% jump on that.

Why did u get an 800 with the griddle and manifold if you weren't gonna use it LOL? You know you can buy em cheaper without the griddle right? Flare ups are usually caused by people not cleaning their manifolds or doing burn offs. One thing about bbqing is you gotta know your rig and what causes issues so you can avoid em. i do burn offs before and after cooks and I have 0 issues with flare ups now. I jad to learn the hard way lol. Also why would it be messy to take on and off if you clean your stuff? The grease would go on the drip pan and into the drip try like any other cook. I did wonder about the manifold but i don't think it's a huge issue these things can put out some major heat.

I wish they did this for teh 560 I would 100% jump on that.
I got it because Walmart was flushing them out for $347, don't think I could get it cheaper than that. I already have 2 griddles and yes they are cleaned after every cook and sprayed down...still going to be a little messy lifting a 80 lb oiled griddle off. I also don't get flare ups on mine I only use it sub 300 deg for smoking. With drip pans mine is spotless inside.

Put on a couple pounds of bacon and see how much grease it will release into that hole. I have had a ton of grease on my Blackstone that would nearly fill up the grease trap and the trap is 8" x 3.7" x 3"

Interesting, I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the LSS mod kit for griddles and manifold cover, but plan to. Think I'll still go the LSS route as I know it'll be high quality stainless.

Interesting, I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the LSS mod kit for griddles and manifold cover, but plan to. Think I'll still go the LSS route as I know it'll be high quality stainless.
They make good stuff I have their hopper cover. I went with Klotesmods for my manifold cover/water pan for my 800. Grease trays sit on it great and no need for extra brackets like LSS, it also is .5" larger thn the manifold so it shields it better.

Won't you need a different manifold like the 800? That is going to be awfully heavy to take on and off...and messy. I still have the top and manifold from my 800 in a box, will probably be scrap metal at some point. Where does the grease go through that hole? There can be a lot and not sure how the MB will handle that without flare ups?

If you get though let us know how you like it.
It come with a heat shield but looks pretty flimsy from the pic. And they recommend that you do most of the cooking with the lid closed? How am I supposed to slice and dice ?
Looks like I might just get a real griddle!

Keith

It come with a heat shield but looks pretty flimsy from the pic. And they recommend that you do most of the cooking with the lid closed? How am I supposed to slice and dice ?
Looks like I might just get a real griddle!

Keith
Get a Blackstone and be done with it. I bought a camp chef for here in NY and then bought the blackstone pro 36 for PA and it blows it away.

You will love it Keith....just tell the wife you will be doing more cooking, worked with Bonnie...lol
bkfast1.jpg

bkfast2.jpg

burger1.jpg

sword1.jpg

LOL cliff gotcha don't thin them griddles are 80 lbs though. I still want one bad I also can't have multiple items. i'm not even supposed to have the bbq and i already had the 560

LOL cliff gotcha don't thin them griddles are 80 lbs though. I still want one bad I also can't have multiple items. i'm not even supposed to have the bbq and i already had the 560
IDK know dude, those cast Iron griddle toppers are pretty heavy. I bet the 1050 griddle weighs almost as much. Way too much to want to take on and off often.

Nice thing about a griddle is no open flame so they are even less likely to see it in use. Your back deck could support a 22-28" Blackstone!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky