Greetings from Virginia Beach!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phrogpilot73

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 22, 2018
Virginia Beach, VA
Good afternoon,

I've read some threads on here before, figure it was time for me to join. I started smoking with a smoker box on a propane grill, and have since grown up. I now have a pellet pooper, and I got rid of my gasser and went with a Weber Kettle. I haven't started plussing up my kettle with accesories, but I've got my eyes on several. I'm also keeping my eye out for a PBC that I can pick up off craigslist or something (easier to justify to the wife if I get a good price on it), but no one wants to get rid of them!

Anyway, hello and looking forward to getting to know everyone

I totally agree with 5Grillzntn, the Vortex is a game changer. So many uses so little food.

Chris

Edit: Sorry I forgot, Welcome to the forums, happy to have ya join up.

Get a Vortex for that kettle. It’s a game changer!
I totally agree with 5Grillzntn, the Vortex is a game changer. So many uses so little food.
I hadn't really looked into a Vortex... Here's what I've got on my Amazon wish list for the kettle:
Serious Eats Kettle Pizza
Slow N Sear
Rotisserie
Santa Maria Grill attachment
Craycort Ballistic Griddle

After that, might want to look into the Vortex. I also want a Blackstone Griddle. And a bigger deck.

The slow-n-sear is a nice product. A tad overpriced, but does what it claims to do. I haven't had a need to purchase one yet because there are work arounds to accomplish the same type of cooking. The rest I would like except I don't have enough space or kettles to store them in/on. Have fun and show us some of your cooks.

Chris

Welcome to the site, glad you joined. I would definitely recommend the blackstone griddle. I use mine all the time. Look forward to seeing your cooks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky