Greetings from St. Louis

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

snyyder

Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Hello all, very new to smoking here. [size=-1]I love to grill, and do so 3-4 times a week, even if it's just boneless skinless chicken breasts.

That said, [/size]I have a Brinkman [size=-1]Smoke'N Grill that was given to me by my father in law, and I'm going to learn how to barbecue.

Got some mesquite and hardwood charcoal today, and I'm going to see about doing a whole chicken to start. Looking forward to learning here.
[/size]

Snyyder, welcome. Jump right in and get your feet wet. Check arround for some helpful tips. If you have any questions just ask, someone will be along to help you out.

Welcome to SMF Snyyder. Glad to have another MO smoker aboard. We are having a gathering at Clinton Mo this weekend. You and your family are welcome to come if you like. The more the merrier. Looking forward to your posts.

Keep Smokin

Welcome aboard the SMF! Be careful with the mesquite as it can be over powering. You may want to mix it with something like hickory or cherry. Of course, it's all personal preference. Good luck with the bird and keep us posted!

Welcome to the SMF
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I used to grill 3 to 4 times a week too......then I got my GOSM.

Now I smoke one day of the week and we eat like kings the rest of the week. My wife is a pork junkie and I simply love to make the best possible food I can and keep my family happy and licking sauce off their fingers.

Welcome to SMF.....you grill is going to miss you.
icon_sad.gif

Truth be told....I grilled hamburgers today because my wife didn't want the kid's eating all her pulled pork....not ours...hers..
tongue.gif

Hi Snyyder!...Welcome to the SMF!...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
It's a Mighty Fine place to be!
Great Folks, Great Food, Tons of info, and more fun than you can shake a stick at!

Lots of folks using Brinky's here, myself included.

Why not sign up for Jeff's Free 5 Day eCourse...It'll really get you off to a great start!

Good Luck with the yardbird, and if you have any questions...Just ask away and someone will be along to answer them shortly.

Again...Welcome to the SMF!...Glad to have you aboard.

Enjoy!...

Well, after doing a bit of research, I've canceled the smoking with mesquite.

Instead, I picked up some hickory chunks and a small (3.5 lbs) brisket from Costco. I'm smoking it in the morning on my ECB.

Using a basic rub from Stephen Raichlen's Sauces and Rubs book for the moment, though I plan to purchase Jeff's to see what all the hubub is about.

I'll get some pics posted after the smoking session. :)

Welcome to SMF, you are going to like it here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky