• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Greetings from DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia)

kingsnake

Joined Sep 24, 2016
New to the forum.  Long-time lurker.  Been smoking for about 15 years on relatively low end cookers.  Prefer to burn splits, but settle for chunks w or w/o charcoal.  Cooked with hickory, mesquite, pecan (love pecan), alder, oak, cherry, apple, maple.  It's just an avocation for friends and family, but demand and my desire to improve made me decide that it's time to upgrade.  Does anyone have experience with the Good One Heritage Oven (stand-alone or drop-in)?  I can't find specific reviews.

Thanks in advance. 

pcjack

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 24, 2012
Welcome to the group!

I do not have experience with that oven, but would love to hear why pecan is your favorite wood to smoke with.  My buddy in GA, his family has a pecan farm and also grows peaches and plums.  I will have access to pieces of cut trees, so I am interested in why you like the pecan wood.

Thanks and enjoy this forum.  The people here are amazing!

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Welcome to the forum!  I can't help with that cooker, but 15 years on low end smokers should have you ready for any upgrade.

Mike

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Not familiar with that cooker either.

But welcome to the forum!

Glad to have you with us!

Al

kingsnake

Joined Sep 24, 2016
Hi.  Pecan has a nice light smoke that blends well with other woods to add a nutty and slightly sweek accent.

pcjack

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 24, 2012
Thanks for the input, looks like it is time to poke at him for some cut pieces to add to my collection. 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.