Green Chile Pistachio Crusted Loin Chops (W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Your loin chop looks great Robert! I’m a huge fan of pistachios. If I could ever shell enough without eating them all, I’d like to try this.

Like!

My crusty pickled heart belongs to green chile.

Yeppers!! We love the green chilies and go throough a lot of them.

And you even used shells!!

Actually no I didn't. Shells got tossed and I just used the pistachios.

Pistachio crust is a thing in Italy, and as you discovered, gives a great layer of flavor!!!

I knew somebody had to be doing it but this was a first for me.

Man that looks good. Fell in love with green chile while I was working in New Mexico years ago

Thanks Jim. Fortunately we live close to NM that we get the benefits when the Hatch chilies come ready. It's an annual thing, folks have special events honoring them, and it's just a festive time because it's short lived.

Robert

Looks amazing Robert. I've had pistachio crusted rack of lamb and loved it. Nice work as usual bud

Thanks Jake. I bet that lamb was outstanding!! After this little experiment I'm thinking through different things to do with the pistachios.

Now that looks plain wonderful Robert, and something I think I'll try out for a change of pace

Very uch appreciate it my friend. Go for it with the chops. They are really good and even Tender Tummy might like them :emoji_wink:

That looks great Robert. I like the nice char you get from that sear burner too

Thanks John. That sear burner is getting more and more use. I love that it'll get to 1100 degrees. You can flash blast things, get that nice sear, and develop some great flavors.

Nice work Robert . Might have to give that a try .

Thanks Chop. I'd say go for it. These were some tasty shops (no pun intended)

Robert

YUM! Looks delicious Robert, and I bet it tasted better than it looks.
May have to combine this crust with my green chile/cheese stuffed chops.
I make a pecan crusted fish that's pretty good too.

Thanks so much for the kind words John. Dumb question. Do you have access to Marcona almonds? Those are the best I've ever had. They are to almonds what Beluga is to caviar. I bet they would be amazing on your fish.

Robert that is creative and I’m sure delicious. Pistachios are also used in a lot of Persian cooking.

Very much appreciated Jeff. I knew somebody somewhere had to be doing this. It's inconceivable to think that I was the first but it was the first for me.

Another simple, but great meal!

Yes sir!! Not a lot of offerings but enough and not a lot that went into the offerings. I liked the approach.

Looks delicious Robert! Always interesting to see what new ideas you come up with!

Thank you Ryan. you know i'm forever trying to come up with new stuff just to keep the menu diverse and interesting.

Robert

I was really skeptical until I saw the finished pic. Very nice!

I had my doubts too but figured it was worth a try. Boy did it come out well. Heck, I'd imagine that the first person to make a pizza had their doubts too but look where those went :emoji_wink:

Oh Boy, That's gotta be Great---I love Pistachios!!!
Nice Job, Robert!!

Thanks so much Bear. Yes, it was really good but it was also really quick and easy...if I hadn't eaten half the pistachios while shelling them :emoji_wink:

They sure look good...Ok, I read the post 3 times and I'm not seeing where the Garlic and Chiles got added

Thanks my friend. I believe somebody has already pointed you to where the green chilies and garlic came into play.

Robert

Your loin chop looks great Robert! I’m a huge fan of pistachios. If I could ever shell enough without eating them all, I’d like to try this.

Thanks Joe!! I had the same problem while trying t shell the pistachios. Between myself and Bianca (the Beagle) we went through a lot of pistachios to get this meal put together :emoji_wink:

Way cool innovation! Big like!

Thanks so much Disco. It was fun coming up with something new (to me anyway) and having a really nice new menu addition.

tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker tx smoker i meant shells in your mac 'n cheese, Tex!

AW MAN!!! Brain fart on my part :emoji_laughing: I thought you were talking about using the pistachio shells. That was more than I could get my brain wrapped around but is all makes sense now.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky