Great Life, Courtesy of Smoking Meat Forums

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Disco- How about eggs, before SMF I would never smoked eggs, now every time we go to a party, people ask for our deviled eggs.  Heck I have had people bring me hard boiled eggs to smoke for them :)
I never thought about smoking eggs. I'm doing some snack sticks this afternoon. Hmm....
I'm hopeless
:icon_eek:

I never thought about smoking eggs. I'm doing some snack sticks this afternoon. Hmm....
I'm hopeless
icon_eek.gif
They are great and you can use them for egg salad, deviled eggs, pickled eggs, or just plain with some salt!

We are all hopeless on here!

- Jason 

Disco- How about eggs, before SMF I would never smoked eggs, now every time we go to a party, people ask for our deviled eggs.  Heck I have had people bring me hard boiled eggs to smoke for them :)
I'm hopeless
icon_eek.gif

They are great and you can use them for egg salad, deviled eggs, pickled eggs, or just plain with some salt!

We are all hopeless on here!

- Jason 
Dang, another idea! My to do list is getting very extensive.

Very nice Disco!

I think I speak for all the folks on here.

Your threads are one of a kind.

I have learned a lot from you & I think you are a great asset to have here at SMF.

I think we have gained as much as you have gained being on here.

I agree this is a great group of people from every background imaginable.

And I feel like we are all family!

A family that just keeps getting bigger every day!

Al
yeahthat.gif

I'm getting Lazy, and a Storm is just getting here, so I'll just say:

"What Al said (above) goes Double from me!!!"  (Well said, Al)

Bear

I do not do Forums, but I stumbled across this American Forum while looking for beginners advice.

With a warm welcome, I soon got engrossed in the art of smoking and with the help and friendly advice from memebers I have not looked back.

Like many, probably spend too much time on here, but it's like a family, all here for one thing help, ideas and banter.

Thanks you SMF!

yeahthat.gif

I'm getting Lazy, and a Storm is just getting here, so I'll just say:

"What Al said (above) goes Double from me!!!"  (Well said, Al)

Bear
Most kind, Bear. You are a stalwart of SMF.
I do not do Forums, but I stumbled across this American Forum while looking for beginners advice.

With a warm welcome, I soon got engrossed in the art of smoking and with the help and friendly advice from memebers I have not looked back.

Like many, probably spend too much time on here, but it's like a family, all here for one thing help, ideas and banter.

Thanks you SMF!
And we're glad you're here!

I have just finished a breakfast of a bacon sandwich with homemade bacon made using techniques I learned from Bearcarver.

Last night, I cooked my first brisket using hints and tips from many members on this site.

These two things made me think about how much I got from SMF. It is way more than just great food.

Yes, the bacon was delicious. However, for medical reasons, we are cutting way back on our salt intake. I was able to use less salt and still get great bacon because I made it myself. That means a lot more than delicious bacon, it means the health of the people I love.

Yes, the brisket was delicious. However, I was confident enough to enjoy the adventure of smoking my first brisket for friends because of what I learned here. That is more than great beef, that is a new experience and great times with great friends.

I have made many great dishes from ideas I got on SMF and have a growing list of more ideas. This is more than great food. This is learning about ingredients, cultures and people.

While on the subject of people, I have met a whole cadre of people who are skilled, fun and generous with their support and knowledge.

I am not able to spend as much time as I would like on the forums but I treasure every moment I get the opportunity to learn, get inspiration and have fun on the forums.

This is much more than a great smoking forum. It is a group of people who have improved my life by expanding my experiences, broadening my horizons, increasing my fun and bringing high quality, healthful food into my world.

From every newbie who brings a fresh view to the mandarins of knowledge who's skills I hope to match someday, I thank you!

Disco
Well said Disco, I have gotten back ten-fold what ever I might have given to SMF.

Jeff, the SMF admins, and moderators have really made this place special for all of us.

The mysteries of Brisket, Ribs, Sausage, etc., became a reality on my table soon after I joined. If I asked a dumb question it was always met with a informed answer and a smile.

Your food blog is very much enjoyed also.

Keep up the great work my friend!

Well said Disco, I have gotten back ten-fold what ever I might have given to SMF.

Jeff, the SMF admins, and moderators have really made this place special for all of us.

The mysteries of Brisket, Ribs, Sausage, etc., became a reality on my table soon after I joined. If I asked a dumb question it was always met with a informed answer and a smile.

Your food blog is very much enjoyed also.

Keep up the great work my friend!

You are so right. If I was selling smoking gear, I would put a flyer in recommending SMF with every rig I sold.

Well said Disco. I learned everything I know from this great site. Made alot of friends on here.

Well put Disco, and as you can see your comment's echo many of our own.  We owe so much to this forum.

Like Smokin Monkey said.   If not for stumbling across this forum one night 4 or 5 years ago, I would never have owned a smoker either.

I was a lurker for almost 2 years, just reading, learning and yearning.  Then I made the plunge and bought a Char-Griller smoker/grill.

Since that time I have annoyed member with my questions about whay and why not stuff.  LOL

This forum IS a family!   Including arguments, but always willing to help a fellow smokers!  SMF is a GREAT Community!

Well said Disco,
I've learned so much from here and met great people. I'm looking forward to many more years of learning and interaction

Well put Disco, and as you can see your comment's echo many of our own.  We owe so much to this forum.

Like Smokin Monkey said.   If not for stumbling across this forum one night 4 or 5 years ago, I would never have owned a smoker either.

I was a lurker for almost 2 years, just reading, learning and yearning.  Then I made the plunge and bought a Char-Griller smoker/grill.

Since that time I have annoyed member with my questions about whay and why not stuff.  LOL

This forum IS a family!   Including arguments, but always willing to help a fellow smokers!  SMF is a GREAT Community!
I had the opposite experience. I didn't find SMF until after I bought my smoker. I was quite disappointed with the results and then the forums got me on the path to success. I owe all the people here so much.
Well said Disco,
I've learned so much from here and met great people. I'm looking forward to many more years of learning and interaction
Har! She Who Must Be Obeyed calls it my addiction!

I have just finished a breakfast of a bacon sandwich with homemade bacon made using techniques I learned from Bearcarver.

Last night, I cooked my first brisket using hints and tips from many members on this site.

These two things made me think about how much I got from SMF. It is way more than just great food.

Yes, the bacon was delicious. However, for medical reasons, we are cutting way back on our salt intake. I was able to use less salt and still get great bacon because I made it myself. That means a lot more than delicious bacon, it means the health of the people I love.

Yes, the brisket was delicious. However, I was confident enough to enjoy the adventure of smoking my first brisket for friends because of what I learned here. That is more than great beef, that is a new experience and great times with great friends.

I have made many great dishes from ideas I got on SMF and have a growing list of more ideas. This is more than great food. This is learning about ingredients, cultures and people.

While on the subject of people, I have met a whole cadre of people who are skilled, fun and generous with their support and knowledge.

I am not able to spend as much time as I would like on the forums but I treasure every moment I get the opportunity to learn, get inspiration and have fun on the forums.

This is much more than a great smoking forum. It is a group of people who have improved my life by expanding my experiences, broadening my horizons, increasing my fun and bringing high quality, healthful food into my world.

From every newbie who brings a fresh view to the mandarins of knowledge who's skills I hope to match someday, I thank you!

Disco
Keeps us out of the beer joints too Disco,,,aint retirement great...I'm messing with ya fellah..

HT

Keeps us out of the beer joints too Disco,,,aint retirement great...I'm messing with ya fellah..

HT
Oops. It was supposed to keep me out of the beer joints? Sadly, I still go them (he hangs his head in shame).

I love retirement, it has given me more time for smoking!

Thanks, HT

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky