Great deal on a Foodsaver 3880, $80 all in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
From Gary's screen shot it looks like they are updating the price from $75 to $187 which makes a lot more sense. 

From Gary's screen shot it looks like they are updating the price from $75 to $187 which makes a lot more sense. 
Mine was showing that price too but it still won't allow me to click on the paypal link or the checkout link. I am assuming it was a glitch and they are still working to fix it completely. I would think they have to honor the deals you guys got, but who knows.

I always thought that Paypal was good about things like this but I had a problem with an order a few weeks ago that I used Paypal checkout on and the resolution they came up with would have resulted in me loosing money so now I'm not so confident. 

Like I said not shipping. Received the email at 3am. They waited until 3am and then told me they made a mistake on price but gave me the link to the correctly priced item. Seems pretty crappy of them. Had this happen before with another company last year and they canceled but gave me a 20% off coupon to use within 7 days.

Here is the email I received:

Hello,

In our excitement to offer you a great deal on a brand new FoodSaver[emoji]174[/emoji] Vacuum Sealer, we accidentally sold a few products with the incorrect final price.

We wanted to let you know that unfortunately, we have not been able to fulfill your recent FoodSaver[emoji]174[/emoji] order because it contained a product with an incorrect price.

The good news is that we fixed the price and you can now shop for those great deals!

Sincerely,
The FoodSaver[emoji]174[/emoji] Brand Team
This is a crappy response to their screw up. They should have either honored the price or given us a coupon to get something else. Looks like I am sticking with my vacmaster! 

Yeah, I got the same email, but when I went to the foodsaver site and checked  the "Wheres my order" button, it said it is processing, for what ever that is worth.  I'll check for a few more days, and also keep an eye on my Paypal acct..  If not, I'll stick with my vacmaster as well.

I'm not sure but I think there is a law that says they have to sell it to you at that price if it was avertised for that price I know I got a $2500 lawn mower for $1400 one time because it has the wrong tag on it. Just saying

I'll probably catch some flack over this, but here goes;

I understand mistakes happen and they corrected it as soon as they caught it, A lot of companies would have probably honored their mistake but not all. Not sure about the law, I would think that if it advertised at that price they have to sell it at that, I know here in Texas if you advertise something at a certain price you have to honor that price. Now in saying that if the advertised price is one amount and you go to check out and the price is different, I'm not sure. I know from being in business for many years that it happens, I was in the steel erection business and did a lot of bid work a few times I made a mistake and had to call everyone I had bid to and change my price or just cancel it, it happens.

I too checked out the site to see this price, it came up a problem with the price, From what I saw the sale price was pretty good to start with, a huge mark down. If I was in the market those prices were good, To me its like going to the bank to cash a check and the teller gives you to much, do you give it back or keep it ?  I would give it back,

Now if your account was charged for that mistake amount, I believe they should either honor that price or make it up in other ways.  

One train of thought  "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is"

Gary

I'll probably catch some flack over this, but here goes;

I understand mistakes happen and they corrected it as soon as they caught it, A lot of companies would have probably honored their mistake but not all. Not sure about the law, I would think that if it advertised at that price they have to sell it at that, I know here in Texas if you advertise something at a certain price you have to honor that price. Now in saying that if the advertised price is one amount and you go to check out and the price is different, I'm not sure. I know from being in business for many years that it happens, I was in the steel erection business and did a lot of bid work a few times I made a mistake and had to call everyone I had bid to and change my price or just cancel it, it happens.

I too checked out the site to see this price, it came up a problem with the price, From what I saw the sale price was pretty good to start with, a huge mark down. If I was in the market those prices were good, To me its like going to the bank to cash a check and the teller gives you to much, do you give it back or keep it ?  I would give it back,

Now if your account was charged for that mistake amount, I believe they should either honor that price or make it up in other ways.  

One train of thought  "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is"

Gary
Gary I believe that is true in a lot of stores,here if a grocery store makes a mistake,they have to give you the item.Appliances I don't think they give it free but they do honor the listed price.

Richie 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky