Great day on the ocean for Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Wife and I are currently out on the pacific, just south of San Francisco, coming home with limits of Chinook (King) Salmon.

Here’s the wife with a nice one. I am always so proud of her.....
3E4C584B-72F7-4C0E-A491-BCFE1C5FCA80.jpeg

Here I am with a couple I brought in….
45B7CA28-65F8-42F2-99FE-4DA0A48477C4.jpeg

She caught 4 and I brought in 3. We can only keep 2 for each of us. So the extras will be given to those fellow fishing buddies who brought in less than limits (2).

Good day and yes more to smoke.

Cheers

Last edited:
I am in awe and extremely jealous!! Those look amazing. I can only imagine the thread that's coming from cooking those :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Nefarious
Wow! That looks like a blast and a lot of great meals ahead! I’m jealous, but happy for you!

Wow those are awesome! Was at a store 2 days ago and salmon was $16.00 a lb. Just might have to bite the bullet and get a small one. Wife loves salmon so here a go.

Reactions: Marknmd
Wow those are awesome! Was at a store 2 days ago and salmon was $16.00 a lb. Just might have to bite the bullet and get a small one. Wife loves salmon so here a go.
Here in Maryland at Harris Teeter the filet price for fresh wild sockeye was $19.99, then it went down to $15.99, then up to $17.99. Fresh wild sockeye salmon jetted from Alaska. But you could also special order a whole fish, around 3 lbs, for $9.99.

Not a salmon fan but looks like ya had alot if fun catching them!

Ryan

Wow, you’re just a few miles down the coast from us. Those fish are monsters. No wonder the Great Whites like it up here.
Here’s a map pic I took while out there…..
3AFDA880-80DF-4F6C-8FA0-935ABC6C8671.png

Here’s a wind surfer following us as we were just passing under the Golden Gate bridge on our way home
ADD591D5-2D66-413E-8848-B07C3799223C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: crazymoon
Nice catch! I've got a friend who lives in HMB, he's been smashing limits out by Deep Reef for the last couple of weeks. The ocean is the only thing I miss about CA. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky