Gravity feed smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HisMajesty

Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
I am going to be starting the build of a new gravity feed smoker. To the guys who have one, purchased or built, is there anything you would do differently if you were to build a other one? Something you learned after the build that you wish you could fix? I appreciate any and all help guys.

I have a Stump's Baby and I love that unit. The one thing that I don't like is starting the firebox.

I would love to have some kind of propane burner that I can easily turn on/off and remove from the box when coals are lit. Maybe just a torch stand would be enough?

Crouching down in front of the firebox with a propane torch works but is a PITA especially on bad knees.

JC, I've been thinking about converting a old turkey fryer burner to accomplish this task on my GF. Even plan on modifying the stand it's on to get it to fit correctly, and then you can slide it in and out easily.

Reactions: JC in GB
JC, I've been thinking about converting a old turkey fryer burner to accomplish this task on my GF. Even plan on modifying the stand it's on to get it to fit correctly, and then you can slide it in and out easily.

Let me know how that works. A couple pics would be great...

JC

I am going to be starting the build of a new gravity feed smoker. To the guys who have one, purchased or built, is there anything you would do differently if you were to build a other one? Something you learned after the build that you wish you could fix? I appreciate any and all help guys.
Have you started your build. Im bring to decide on a build myself.

I have decided to make a reverse flow first. I am in the process of that right now.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky