Grates inside the smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yes I'm just removing the rust after the welds are fixed them painting outside . I just didn't expect to spend thousands to find rust on my product I only had for one day.

Seeing more of the picture, I'm disappointed in the manufacturer of the smoker.
They know that raw steel and especially welded seams rust very quickly.
They should have sprayed with mineral oil.

Ask for a return

Ya I'm extremely disappointed not because I spent money on it but the fact that the product was sent out like that and only for me to find. I'm told I can't get a refund and that he will pay for the repairs. I'm waiting until this gets fixed and then paid by them and then I will expose this company as they are based in TN and people should he aware of them . I don't know if they constantly produce this way but i did find a YouTube video with the same company and complaints.

The right thing for the manufacture to do would be to send you another new smoker that is in perfect condition plus some extra options or a discount on the price for your inconvenience. The welds and patches are very unacceptable.

I agree with you entirely and it came from western TN and i live in PA so it was shipped to me on a flat bed trailer and was custom built which really wouldn't be hard for him to sell it. Im kicking myself and wishing i went with a Lang or like east texas smoker co. This guy is a hack

Well the weld repairs should not cost to much. Best to get it done so you can put this behind you and start some good smoking.

Ya that's kind of where I'm at right now I have a friend taking care of the welds for me now and sending bill to the manufacturer. I checked all my grates and found only one had that rust on it the others were.black.but still had some residual on it. What kind of brush and bristles they made of thay you recommend

Do NOT use a wire bristled brush.... Emergency rooms have found broken off bristles lodged in throats of folks that have eaten BBQ....

A wire brush that welders use or even a good bbq brush with wire bristles.

Yes this is correct about the wire brush but to use once just for this and wash and inspect grates after to make sure there are no wire pieces on them should be fine.

Ya I'm extremely disappointed not because I spent money on it but the fact that the product was sent out like that and only for me to find. I'm told I can't get a refund and that he will pay for the repairs. I'm waiting until this gets fixed and then paid by them and then I will expose this company as they are based in TN and people should he aware of them . I don't know if they constantly produce this way but i did find a YouTube video with the same company and complaints.

I have a feeling I know exactly who you're talking about. My build took about 5 months longer than quoted with ZERO communication, but after hearing other people's horror stories I feel like I got out of there relatively unscathed.

Reactions: Paulie Walnuts 440
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky