gotta make some pulled chicken...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerseydrew

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
was thinking of using a whole bunch of thighs. 

brine, smoke at 225 for 1.5 hours, repeat, repeat again. then just pull the meat off the bones and mix it up with some BBQ sauce. then put in oven at 170 till guests arrive and serve when ready. 

sound like a good plan of attack?

made pulled chicken just yesterday, my daughter in law brought over 8 lbs of  skinless breasts instead of thighs, i brined  then smoked for 3 hrs  with apple 225 degrees and pulled the chicks of when internal temp hit 155.  didnt want it to be too dry , thighs  best at 165-170 . the outside skin was tough that  is why  the skin is needed or  wrapped in bacon( the duct tape of the cooking world). used the two fork method to shred the chicken bottom up to the dry skin and threw that shell out.. turned out really good used a crock pot added 1/2 cup water to steam and keep warm . no sauce here let the guests add their own .. great compliments  on the fantastic chicken sliders !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky