Got the Call now what gauges do you suggest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The only thing I did not get right is I needed another hour or 2 on the rest. I just did not start it early enough for when everyone was leaving the house. Like a three-ring circus here with 7 people going in different directions lol

Reactions: Displaced Texan
The only thing I did not get right is I needed another hour or 2 on the rest. I just did not start it early enough for when everyone was leaving the house. Like a three-ring circus here with 7 people going in different directions lol
Understandable. Yep, I think long rest/holding is a huge and underrated key to great brisket. Well, not underrated around here, anyway.

yep, the hold is just as important as the cook. 3 hours minimum for me at 170 only because my oven doesn't go to 150. This first Brisket was to make sure I understood how the new grill cooked so I moved the brisket to every section of the grill and watched for hot spots but it did great. I have 5 briskets and a pork shoulder to cook for thanksgiving this year and I could fit 5 on this grill. On my old grill, I would have had to cook one a day for a week, because only 1 brisket or pork shoulder would fit without burning something. This Grill is a major upgrade

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky