Got the Call now what gauges do you suggest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Danblacksher

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
The only thing I did not get right is I needed another hour or 2 on the rest. I just did not start it early enough for when everyone was leaving the house. Like a three-ring circus here with 7 people going in different directions lol

Reactions: Displaced Texan

Displaced Texan

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Nov 11, 2020
Burr Ridge, IL
The only thing I did not get right is I needed another hour or 2 on the rest. I just did not start it early enough for when everyone was leaving the house. Like a three-ring circus here with 7 people going in different directions lol
Understandable. Yep, I think long rest/holding is a huge and underrated key to great brisket. Well, not underrated around here, anyway.

Danblacksher

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
yep, the hold is just as important as the cook. 3 hours minimum for me at 170 only because my oven doesn't go to 150. This first Brisket was to make sure I understood how the new grill cooked so I moved the brisket to every section of the grill and watched for hot spots but it did great. I have 5 briskets and a pork shoulder to cook for thanksgiving this year and I could fit 5 on this grill. On my old grill, I would have had to cook one a day for a week, because only 1 brisket or pork shoulder would fit without burning something. This Grill is a major upgrade

Hot Threads