Got Smoke in WA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke dawg

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
Northwest
Been reading some here and thought it would be good to join. Learned old school with a out house style smoker with fire and heat sheild directly inside. Mostly fish, jerky, and turkey but tried a ham (previously cured) this year and am curing some bacon and pork shoulder right now. play with the side box smoker/grill some (wifes toy) and just picked up a used brinkman gas smoker - used once and need to modify for lower temps.

Just now seen the fatties and MUST try this - they look awesome!

First help I could use is a legend to sort out all the accronyms.

Look forward to sharing and learning some of the best food on earth.

WOO HOO! !  Welcome to another PNW smoker!  Looking forward to hearing and seeing more about your fish and jerky favorites.  There is a Wiki for the acronyms, there are a couple that are missing, but you can always just ask!  One of the best things about this forum is that there really are NO "stupid" questions.  How else you gonna learn? as our moms always said. Bigger trick (for me, anyway) learning about the Q-view, but there's a wiki for that, too.  Cheers!!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.

I am good at dumb questions - Is there something more to a Qview than a how to smoke with pictures?

Just browse thru the posts - all the pics are the qview, sometimes a tutorial, sometimes the sequence of events, or just the beautiful finished dish, sometimes your dog, or your kids, or the stray squirrel or bear....  or your beer...   whatever you want to share!

OK - I have almost all of those - I have not seen the stray bear yet but had a bad racoon problem for awhile.

Here's an example of the kind of squirrel that often pops up around here 

QQhr0gfbcxCuEwIR6GXrfvmUL220pVJDGSfbkVbhrAaR6fLzZ6.jpg
 I can handle your raccoon problem...          
SamuraiSquirrel.jpg
    the Squirrel is very crafty and talented. Seek her wisdom.

Last edited:
LOL.. all us Pacific NW folks are oposite of most of the country. We wait for winter to jump into stuff like this, that keeps us near the house but busy during our 9 months of rain. Thank god for covered porches heh-heh.

Welcome to the SMF, and thanks for the introduction. Keep reading as it will bring you up to speed in a shorter amount of time. It's all good my friend. 

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Dawg to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction  

Go GATORS  

Welcome Smoke Dawg!

Bears love handy little squirrels----Nothing seems to stick to their fur.  
ROTF.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky