Got roast beef?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2009
Summerville, SC
The Safeway by me has a killer deal on some botton round so I'm preppin some roast beef for lunchmeat. I have a tri-tip to put on after the RB. One good day of smokin goin on here..

a3f10d76_002.jpg

4b8e37e1_003.jpg

All trimmed up..

6b7db74c_004.jpg

Some S&P, a liitle garlic, rosemary and some thyme.. a nice compliment to beef..

7dda95ce_008.jpg

I summoned the blue smoke to do it's duty..

4c0b1384_009.jpg

I'll post up the final pics later and sliced pics tomorrow after a night in the fridge..

Here they are after the smoke. I took them off at 148 'cause my tri tip was getting done quick.

9f310807_RBdone.jpg

Thanx all.

I'm only gonna slice one.

I guess now's a good time to ask; Can I vacuum seal and freeze the other? How long will it last? If I don't  freeze and just refridgerate, how long do ya think it will stay then?

I'm sure I'll eat them fairly rapidly but I was just wondering..

Vac seal and freeze the second one. no more than 4 days in fridge.

Thanx all.

I'm only gonna slice one.

I guess now's a good time to ask; Can I vacuum seal and freeze the other? How long will it last? If I don't  freeze and just refridgerate, how long do ya think it will stay then?

I'm sure I'll eat them fairly rapidly but I was just wondering..
How long will they last in the fridge?

First one probably won't make it to the fridge.

The other one might last a day or two---3 days tops.

Ok so I got one vac-packed and into the freezer for later. The second one I sliced up and vac packed into one or two days worth of sandwich meat. I'm hoping to squeeze a couple more days of life by vac packing.

How do the roast beefs at the deli stay good for so long? I don't think they are cured at all.

This lunchmeat making is fun!

2ac44db6_018.jpg

c56f7599_022.jpg

e39f8149_023.jpg

I may have to make some SOS with some of this!

I kinda wish i would have made more. Maybe I'll get a loin into some TQ for next weekend..

I'll take a sammy on sourdough with extra mustard, pickles, tomato, and a good dab of horseradish
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

That there looks good Pit!!

I'de like a sandwich myself but i don't have any decent bread or fixins and I'm home witht the kids and it's too hot to load them up just to go to the store. Bummer

that looks good, im going to have to give that a shot.  thanks for the q
 Thanx and you're welcome. It's nice to post up some q when it comes out well..

Give it a go, it's really simple since you don't have to cure the meat or do anything else funky..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky