Got my New Vacmaster 130!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

baja traveler

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
San Diego, Ca
Used the coupon code to order the Vacmaster 130 and a 50/50 selection of pint/quart bags. To celebrate it's arrival on Saturday I smoked 5 pounds each Cheddar and Pepper Jack, but to my dismay found the Vac sealer not working out of the box - not pulling a vacuum 
frown.gif
. An email from Lisa suggested I wait till today to call support, which I did and they determined that it was indeed the unit, not me - so to return it for repair or replacement. Figuring I had nothing to loose (and being the consummate tinkerer) I unscrewed the 8 screws and opened the back panel to find a broken plastic tee. Lifting the vacuum hose with a finger broke a second tee barb, so it must have been a real brittle batch. It probably worked fine at the factory, but broke during shipping. The tubing looked exactly like aquarium pump tubing, so instead of paying to have it sent back and waiting possibly weeks, I went to the aquarium store and fixed it with a high quality brass tee - less than $2. 
sausage.gif
 Just pulled Saturdays work from the ziplocks and vacuumed them up right labels and all! So anybody that runs into a similar problem with theirs - the fix is super easy to do yourself.

I was worried that the pint bags would be too small to do much with, but discovered that 1/2 pound slices of cheese fit them perfectly!

ce3c460c_143798941.jpg

Last edited:
Great job and it looks like you are getting professional with the labels too 
biggrin.gif

Baja Traveler... evening....  How do you like the sealer and did it do a good job for you....  Lots of vacuum ???  Just curious....  I'm waiting for my sealer to die so I can get a new one....  Yours is the unit I want to get...  

Dave

I've only used it for the 22 packages of cheese this afternoon, but I like it very much. It literally takes 5 seconds to get a full vacuum on the pint size bags. I found myself hitting the seal button in about that time instead of waiting the 15 or so seconds for the automatic timer to do it for me. The best deal is from right here on this forum at Vacuum Sealers Unlimited. Don't forget the coupon code which sweetens the deal even more.

The labels are Avery 5520 weatherproof for laser printers. We use them at work for water sample testing, as they are a mylar material that sticks to damp surfaces really well. I found they are perfect for freezer and fridge labels also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky