got my first point resting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wo44

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 25, 2016
Was talking in another thread about picking up just a point from a butcher in a chain supermarket - well its resting now before I cube it up for some burnt ends.  Started yesterday with the rub then vacuumed it overnight.

Smoked  at 275 then hit a stall at162IT so gave it a quick wrap - broke the stall but at 198 it hit another stall (???) and dropped to 194 IT and stayed there for an hour before it finally hit 202 IT -- so now its wrapped in a towel for about an hour then ill finish it.

ALSO I did ALs method of having the leftover trimmed up fat above the meat so all that juice drips/bastes the entire time - wish I had taken a pic of the set up I con concocted.
Sorry about the bad pic - doesn't look like 3 1/2 lbs but it is as I weighed it - lol

usa.gif

Awesome Beef wo44.  Nicely done my friend. Have to give you a point on that one for sure!

Brian 

Thanks guys --- there was some left that I'm going to make a sandwich out of today -----if the wife doesn't get to first since ill be out of the house for a bit.

Can someone explain to me about what seemed like a second stall --- like I stated above when the IT hit 198 then dropped down slowly to 194

Also can someone tell me how to give points to someone when I see all your great smokes - thanks

Those look great! To give points click on the green thumbs up under the post you will be able to leave a comment as well if you wish.

Thanks again guys - I have to say that it is always a pleasure to go on this site as there are so many helpful, kind people here.  I'm still new to smoking and to this site - and when ever I go to make something I search for recipes, techniques, advice and even PM people(al).  Never once have I seen a negative comment, any name calling, or just plain nasty posts.  Everyone here is looking to help with different views and admitting that there is no "only" way.

Thanks again for the past and future advice and sorry if I post a lot of threads but I want to show off the smokes I have gotten help with.

Beer.gif

Eat - drink - be merry

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky