Good Ole Fashioned Labor Day Smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Outstanding! All looks amazing and thanks for the Shout out...JJ

That is one good looking meal & you got to know that living most of my life in Florida, that Key lime pie is my favorite dessert!!
Al

Thanks Al! I am sure you can probably make a mean pie with fresh key limes but this one was pretty good for being bottled juice!

Boy howdy John, that is one all around wonderful cook, big Like! I was tossing around doing chicken and ribs and didn't even think of using two smokers, brilliant! RAY

Appreciate it Ray! Two smokers is a great way to go! Electric is great for sides too. When we run out of oven space at Thanksgiving I have been known to fire up the MES to keep stuff warm.

My kinda meal right there John!! I did something similar. Same concept, different application. did some meaty beef back ribs, smoked bacon and jalapeno 5-cheese mac & cheese, and wasabi horseradish slaw. You have a lot more variety though and I'd have loved to be at the table for that one. Great job buddy!!

Robert

Thanks Robert! Sounds like you had a great meal as well.

Beautiful Labor Day smoke John! Way to go all out and everything looks delicious!

Double smokers are always a good time.

And come to think of it, this may be your first post without a beer in your pictures. Are you feeling okay?

Lol guess the cold beers or a shot of my feet didn't sneak in the pics this time. Don't worry the cold beers were a-flowin. Appreciate the kind words man.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Wow John, could you please fill my feed trough with some of those vittles. I had to work the weekend so no smoking up my way. I've never tried Stubbs for chicken, but really like their pork rub.

All in all excellent looking cook.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris! The stubbs chicken is excellent I would highly recommend. Most of their stuff is pretty good for commercial rubs and not full of salt.

Awesome spread, glad it was a good day! I'm loving the Old Smokey moonshine jar--I'm a big fan. My Dad actually works in Gatlinburg so we usually have a jar of one of the flavored varieties at the house when I visit.

Nice! Haven't been to G-burg since all this started has covid really slowed them down? Try out the Old Smokey shine dill pickles next time you get some.

Nice! Haven't been to G-burg since all this started has covid really slowed them down? Try out the Old Smokey shine dill pickles next time you get some.
The first few months wrecked tourism in Gatlinburg (and everywhere I assume) while things were shut down--though I completely agree with the decision to do it. Things have gotten closer to normal building slowly through the summer based on dad's observations at least. I love the shine pickles btw!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky