Good morning from Colorado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
Hello all,
awsome forum you guys and gals have here!
I am born and raised in rural Colorado. I am Spanish from my fathers side, so my food preference is greatly influenced by what you would call “New Mexican” cuisine. Green and red Chile goes with most everything. Not a fan of jalapeño, chipotle, or cayenne pepper, but we love cooking with wood and smoke. I have made many different kinds of chorizo (sausage) over the years, but recently have the urge to make bacon, ham and pastrami. This site is a wealth of information. I appreciate that!
I currently have some pork belly brining in Pops brine recipe, I changed it slightly and added honey and molasses, did the fry test last night at day 6, it’s wonderful! I’m not sure how much I can contribute to this site, but almost feel I owe this site, just because of all the free flow of experience and information.

Good smoking,
Eric

I grew up on the western slope. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky