GOOBERS IN THE CROCK POT!! Final pic added.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Well, I just put the peanuts on! 24 hours from now they will be ready. Final pics tomorrow around 2 pm central time. GOOBERS FINISHED pic added. They are just right!

PEANUTS.jpg

Finished after 24 hours on LOW in the crock pot.
PEANUTS 2.jpg

Last edited:
Never done this. Info please!
2 pounds of green (raw) peanuts.
10 cups of water
1/2 cup of kosher salt
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
2 tablespoons of Tony's Chachere's
OPTIONAL: 3 sliced jalapeno's and 1 tablespoons of red pepper flakes
Throw all in a crock pot on LOW for 22 to 24 hours.
You may have to add some additional water before they are ready.

One of my first stops when I travel down that part of the country is to one of those gas station/mini-mart type places that sells those! See'n this post make me jones for a sack of them now! Like!

Reactions: jcam222
This is the first time I have heard of boiled peanuts. Please pardon my ignorance, but how do you eat them? Hot, cold, shelled, dry, wet, ...

This is the first time I have heard of boiled peanuts. Please pardon my ignorance, but how do you eat them? Hot, cold, shelled, dry, wet, ...
No problem. You can eat them right out of the hot pot after draining when they are warm. Put em in the fridge and then eat em cold. You do not peel em. Just throw em in your mouth whole and you will figure out how to get the nuts away from the shell plus you get to taste all the salty goodness.

Man these made me hungry instantly. Like someone else said if I make it down south for business I find these on the roadside ASAP. LOVE THEM! They have canned ones at Walmart but nowhere near as good as fresh.

Yours look great!!

Man these made me hungry instantly. Like someone else said if I make it down south for business I find these on the roadside ASAP. LOVE THEM! They have canned ones at Walmart but nowhere near as good as fresh.

Yours look great!!
Thanks buddy! Yes you are correct. The peanuts you find in a can are bad in my opinion.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky