Going with teriyaki ribs for my first smoke of the season

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

EdP

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
I plan to do this pretty much the same as the pork belly I’ve made a couple times.
Started with oak and added a piece of cherry once it was going good. These will go in the oven eventually. The pork belly adds butter and brown sugar near the end, not sure I’ll do that.

They get finished with chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds.

IMG_2823.jpeg
IMG_2822.jpeg
IMG_2824.jpeg
IMG_2825.jpeg

Ended up going with a higher temp in the oven to get to probe tender.

These were good, but we all liked the pork belly version better.

I skipped the butter and brown sugar, wondering if that would’ve made a big difference.

IMG_2830.jpeg
IMG_2832.jpeg

Ended up going with a higher temp in the oven to get to probe tender.

These were good, but we all liked the pork belly version better.

I skipped the butter and brown sugar, wondering if that would’ve made a big difference.

I guess you will just have to try them again and do the butter and brown sugar thing just to make sure. Looks like some good eating!

Pretty smart set up on the WSM. I’ve never seen that before. Is it a 18”?
Hi, yes wsm18 with a camping gas burner and a cast iron box for wood. Runs great at 250-275.

And that diy rib hanger is the old charcoal ring.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky