Goin for a spin .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
I love the rotisserie on the 360 . I use mine all the time , thought I would just throw some pics out there . Some of these I did threads on .
Mine has some ,,, flop to it . I put the shaft thru , then tie off the meat . Make it as even as I can . When it stalls ,,, I hit the pause button . When I re start it , it spins the other direction . I do this a couple times , seems to even out . I also rotate the forks 90 degrees to each other ,, seems to help support the meat . The book says " 4 pounds " so keep it close or under helps the spin .
Here's some pics .
First thing I spun was a half slab of ribs . These were fantastic ,
Like pork roast on a stick .
20191223_153320.jpg
Next up was eye round of beef .
I did a thread on this one .
20200110_134645.jpg
20200110_152233.jpg
20200110_162345.jpg

Whole chicken , Over night in Pop's brine
Lemon extract added . This was also fantastic , but the worst one for
stall / flop . I adjusted it until it spun right . I don't have the patience
anymore . Not gonna watch it start / stop or flop .
Fixed it , spun with no issue .
20200119_183807.jpg
Pork loin . Came out great . Just seasoned up and spun .
20200206_165834.jpg
20200206_181610.jpg
20200206_190532.jpg
Couple pork tender loins . So tender .
I ran the shaft between the two , then tied them
together .
20200227_184552.jpg
20200227_184830.jpg
20200227_184944.jpg
Last up was a piece from the beef knuckle I bought
I think I did a thread on this one too .
Came out great .
20200305_174837.jpg
20200305_190941.jpg

The 360 makes great food . It really is amazing in all things it cooks .
The rotisserie is no exception . You just have to keep the shaft centered , and tie
it as even as possible .

Wow Rich, you've been putting out some great cooks with your 360, I didn't even know you had a air fryer! I don't get to have one, we don't have the counter space and someone says I have enough cooking toys already. I do have a old Ronco Showtime 4000 rotisserie for about 20 years now, the original set and forget it, done about 500 yardbirds on it. I'd be watching Emeril on TV if I had one, looks like he can cook just about anything on one. Looks like everything you flop on that cutting board comes out nice and juicy too, Like! RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
That's all great looking stuff Rich.Thanks for sharing. I've used mine quite a bit but never the rotisserie. Heck, at this point I don't even know if I could find the spit for it :emoji_anguished:

What is a 300? Cook Shack?

The Emeril Air Fryer 360 that has been showcased many times by Bearcarver Bearcarver and quite a few times by others, including me. They are a great tool t have among the rest of the cooking equipment.

Robert

That is some nice looking meat Chop. I have been threatening to get a rotisserie for a while now but haven't done so yet. Maybe someday.

That looks awesome, nice work
Thanks , 360 air fryer / convection oven .

we don't have the counter space
Thanks for the comments Ray . I didn't either , so I built this side board for storage and more space . The 360 sits there plugged in , so we can walk over and use it . It's great for reheating leftovers too . 20190526_161913.jpg 20200206_171027.jpg

That's all great looking stuff Rich.Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Robert . I always like to look , so I thought I would throw something out there .

That is some nice looking meat Chop. I have been threatening to get a rotisserie for a while now
Thank you sir . Yup , think I need one for out side now .

Some good looking eats there
Thank you Jim .

Chop, everything looks awesome! That rotisserie looks like it puts out great food!
It really does . The roto cooks faster than I expected , but even a bit past temp still comes out good . Thanks for lookin .

Reactions: forktender
When I re start it , it spins the other direction . I do this a couple times , seems to even out . I also rotate the forks 90 degrees to each other ,, seems to help support the meat . Th
I never notice that it spins opposite direction on re-start. Good idea on rotation of the forks. :emoji_thumbsup:
Nice batch of food.

That all looks great there Chop. I too love to spin stuff. It's unreal how juicy things turn out even without pre-brining. Keep 'em coming. Love seeing the rotisserie cooks!

I never notice that it spins opposite direction on re-start. Good idea on rotation of the forks. :emoji_thumbsup:
Nice batch of food.
Thanks bud . Yeah , I rotate 90 degrees to each other , I think it helps the " flop " I see mounts on better set ups are 4 prong .
Also , something I did not mention on the chicken ,,, To keep it centered I cut a potato and put it on the shaft , then wedged into the cavity end . Worked great .

That all looks great there Chop. I too love to spin stuff. It's unreal how juicy things turn out even without pre-brining. Keep 'em coming. Love seeing the rotisserie cooks!
Thanks for the comments . I agree on the juicy . I'll be looking to get one for one of my Webers .

Reactions: Winterrider
That All Looks Great, Rich!!
Almost missed it !!
Like.
I gotta try that stop & start stuff to get rid of the slop.
Mine Stops & starts on every revolution. It has nothing to do with how the meat is on the Spit, because I ran it empty, and it still does it.
I'll try to remember to try that method next time I spin something with it.

Bear

I gotta try that stop & start stuff to get rid of the slop.
Mine Stops & starts on every revolution. It has nothing to do with how the meat is on the Spit, because I ran it empty, and it still does it.
Just tried mine empty ,,, it worse with nothing on it . 1/2 of slop just in the drive to spit connection . Turned it on , and it sits still , then moves , the flops . Rotated the forks 90 degrees , better . Not a total stop or hard flop . Just a matter of balance I guess . I could be completely wrong on the reversing direction , but sure seems to settle in when I do that . Maybe helps even things up ?
Thanks for the comments John .

Just tried mine empty ,,, it worse with nothing on it . 1/2 of slop just in the drive to spit connection . Turned it on , and it sits still , then moves , the flops . Rotated the forks 90 degrees , better . Not a total stop or hard flop . Just a matter of balance I guess . I could be completely wrong on the reversing direction , but sure seems to settle in when I do that . Maybe helps even things up ?
Thanks for the comments John .

I saw a YouTube about it, but only once & I can't find it any more.
However all I can remember was the guy opened the side up & the problem was on the right side. I believe it was a gear, or a belt & a gear, with either slack in it or too wide spacing somewhere.

I should have played it again & watch closer, but I figured I could go back, but I lost it.

I still want to try your method, because it might pick up the slack in some way.

I'd take it apart & look myself, but it's not made of wood, so I'm out of my league.
Bear Jr would have a much better chance.

Bear

Looks real good Chop. I'm not into air-frying but your results are tempting me.

Point for sure
Chris

You know Chris . It's worth the money . I use this one for so many things .

Yeah, I know deep down they're worth it, but the wife and I are planning on moving south when I retire in a few years. We're at the point where we are trying to get rid of things instead of adding. That and the lack of counter/storage space makes it a no go for now.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky