• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

GMG - Cold Smoke Mode - New Feature.

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
Just a heads up to GMG owners who cold smoke.

There is a cold smoke mode built into the APP, in the latest grill firmware. It also has adjustable fan speed. Works superb with a tube for Cheese, fish etc.

Simply update your grill firmware using the app, takes about 1 minute. Also has temp probe calibration tool. All my temps are to 1 degree.

I also have noticed the grill is even more efficient and the fan seems to run smoother also.

Definately worth it.

0CCC016B-DF87-45A9-B91F-ABADA953F8F9.jpeg

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
Just cold smoked about 8Kg (17 pounds) of cheese using Cold Smoked mode and a 12" tube. It works great.

If you use Cold Smoked mode, a good tip is to set the fan speed to like 5% or 10%, I had it at 30% and there was way too much airflow so the smoke did not stick to the cheese.

I have about 15 pound of bacon to cold smoke next week and will post some pics and settings.

WV_Crusader

Formerly 'vortecz71wv'
Joined Mar 15, 2014
Do you have the Choice or Prime model? I just updated my DB Choice WiFi and it doesn’t have this.

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
WV_Crusader WV_Crusader , prime model. I thought this works on choice. I might be wrong.

Did you start the grill using the app? Thats how the cold smoke mode Choice appears.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.